Senior Service Designer – Design and Innovation Team
Location: Sheffield with extensive UK travel
Salary: £32,000 – £38,000 depending on experience
We’re looking for a exceptional Senior Service Designer to join the Design and Innovation team at Good Things Foundation.
As Senior Service Designer you’ll lead the design of creative approaches to some of society’s most entrenched social problems. You’ll work with a mixed-discipline team, developing, testing and evaluating pilots with a view to scaling successful pilots across the country through our network of hyperlocal community organisations.
In the role, you will:
- Use a range of service design methodologies to understand and communicate these problems, taking both a holistic and targeted view of the problems we’re trying to solve.
- Work on the ground with the Online Centres Network and other partners, understanding the needs of their clients and the services and systems they interact with.
- Use rapid prototyping, lean and agile techniques to test and iterate concepts.
- Communicate your insights, helping colleagues, partners and centres building a solid understanding of different approaches to solving social problems and presenting a clear evidence base for what works and what doesn’t.
You will be:
- An experienced service designer, driven by an ambition to make a positive difference on the world
- A brilliant people person, able to the win trust and understand the circumstances faced by our clients
- An innovator, applying your experience, skills and knowledge to devise and implement solutions to social problems
- A leader with the ability to draw great design out of people and teams, and get people behind a course of exploration
- Committed to living and upholding our values: positive, creative, collaborative, inquisitive, people-focused.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience of prototyping in HTML
- Experience of application of Lean and Agile techniques
- Confidence in using a range of user research and service design techniques
Excellent benefits package: 30 days annual leave. Pension scheme (10% employer contribution). Childcare voucher scheme. Cycle to work scheme. Permanent Health Insurance. Employer Assistance Programme.
Good Things Foundation is based in Sheffield, but we work everywhere in the country, and these roles will require a significant amount of travel to other locations, particularly London.
If you’re excited by this challenge, and think you have what it takes to be part of Good Things Foundation’s mission, we’d love to hear from you.
If you’d like to talk about the roles before applying, speak to Bea on 07929 474938.
About Good Things Foundation
Good Things Foundation is the UK’s leading digital inclusion organisation.
Around 12.6 million people in the UK still don’t have the basic platform of confidence and skills to use digital technology and the internet. Our mission is to help them bridge this gap and become digitally confident and capable.
Since 2010 we’ve helped over 2 million people improve their lives using digital, driving positive outcomes from employment through to health and wellbeing – and our target is to help 2 million more by the end of the decade.
We’ve done this by partnering with a network of over 5,000 community organisations across the UK: the Online Centres Network. We provide the inspiration, tools, resources and funding that enables our community partners to engage the most vulnerable in society and help them develop digital confidence and skills.