Established in 2000, the Transport Exchange Group is a privately-owned logistics technology company which creates and delivers real-time solutions for transport and logistics businesses around the world. Our leading edge platform helps clients to realise efficiencies and grow their businesses through participation in our accredited network of over 7,500 operators. Despite the impact of Covid-19, we continued to experience strong growth both in client numbers and platform GMV during 2020 and we anticipate similar growth in 2021. Total headcount is now approximately 100 colleagues which gives us the firepower to build and support our exciting product roadmap, whilst still retaining the personal touch.
As the volume of trading activity on our platform grows, the need for an integrated range of finance-related solutions in both payables and receivables increases. Indeed, we see ‘fintech’ as being a future cornerstone of our overall value proposition, by offering solutions which improve the efficiency and flow of money between the buyers and sellers on our platform. We now require an experienced and technically astute Senior Product Owner (Finance) to join our team. If you have deep and proven experience in B2B payments, accounting software and B2B funding mechanisms we want to hear from you.
What you’ll be doing
We are industry leading Technology enabled Marketplace with millions of transactions annually. You will be leading a key strategic initiative whose aim is to improve the efficiency for the marketplace participants in dealing with their accounts payable and receivables through a series of financial solutions that seamlessly integrate with their ecosystem and eliminates the need for them to administer their trade outside of the platform.
The Senior Product Owner (Finance) will own and drive this initiative working very closely with the Business leadership and the development teams.
Product Vision and Strategy
· Work with the business stakeholders to drive the development and maintenance of the product vision and strategy for your product.
· Guiding the business on what the right opportunities are to invest in so that we prioritise the most valuable items first, by building and driving the delivery of business cases. Build strong relationships with business users and stakeholders.
· Develop a deep understanding of the business and potential of our products to enable you to act as a proxy for the business and progress development activities effectively.
· Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally, and as the primary technical contact for queries related to your product.
· Working with the Business stakeholders to prioritise features to maximise business value created by the development teams for your product.
· Work with the Business to assess value, develop business cases, and prioritise features, ensuring work focuses on those with maximum value and align with the product strategy.
· Take a user-centric approach to product development to deliver best-in-class UX.
· Facilitate development by working with Business stakeholders and design teams to ensure the developers have the things they need to keep moving forwards.
· Translate business requirements into features and user stories for the development teams to implement.
· Mange product backlog ensuring features, user stories are prioritised with development teams and ready to work.
· Work with technical leads to determine scope and priorities for product development.
· Work with development teams to ensure that they understand the vision for the product and are building great features.
· Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals.
· Maintain the development teams focus on delivering value, balancing multiple streams of requirements so that they can concentrate on development.
· Constantly monitoring the progress of the development teams, ensuring they are working to best practice and continuously improving.
· Facilitating the Kanban process, and support a culture of continuous improvement.
· Lead the planning of product releases and set the expectation for delivery of new functionality within your product.
· Work with key stakeholders across the company, such as marketing, sales and customer service, to ensure successful product releases, ensuring the correct go to market activities have been completed.
· Thorough understanding of Finance (Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payables) and up to date technologies in the Payments domain with the ability to convince and guide the executive staff to move in the right direction (MUST).
· Extensive experience of working as a Product Owner/Manager gathering business requirements and working with technology teams to deliver working software iteratively (MUST).
· Proven experience of working with of different project management methodologies and concepts, specifically Agile (Scrum and Kanban). We expect you to have a thorough understanding of how an agile team works to deliver working software iteratively (MUST).
· Line Management experience (MUST).
· Excellent understanding of modern technology architecture and software engineering principles.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to create and maintain product backlogs that are aligned to the vision and strategy of the product.
· Ability to translate business requirements to functional requirements and interact with technical teams.
· Excited about data and understand how to utilize it to help make decisions and create value for the business and its customers.
· Can work across multiple cross-functional teams to capture and refine requirements.
· Candidate MUST have the Right to Live and work in the UK as we are unable to provide sponsorship.
Use of Tools
Scale: Low Basic, Average, Good, Excellent, Expert High
· Product Management Tools: Atlassian – Jira, Confluence (Excellent/Expert).
· Process Management Tools: Miro (Excellent), Visio/Gliffy/Smartsheet (Excellent/Expert).
· Design: InVision (Good), Sketch (Basic/Average).
· General: Word, Excel, PowerPoint (Excellent).
What’s on offer
· Competitive Salary (based on skills and experience).
· We are happy to engage and explore remote working for the right candidate.
· Generous bonus potential based on OKR delivery.
· A result-oriented, fun, and candid team to work and grow with.
· A plethora of Perk box benefits including perk box medical.
We will require the candidates to go through certain checks and provide us with the relevant references where necessary.
NOTE – We are not looking to recruit for this role via any recruitment agencies and we will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruiting agencies in response to the job posting. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to us, even in a situation when the relevant candidate is employed by us.