Position: Product Manager
Salary: Up to £53k PA (flexible depending on experience for the right candidate)
Start date: ASAP
BMJ is seeking a Product Manager to join their Product Team. You will be responsible for the strategic direction and development of access methods across all BMJ products and be an instrumental part in transforming all current access journeys.
Your remit will cover all access journeys such as sign-up and login for all BMJ products, including individual and institutional users and customers ensuring access routes are optimised, updated or introduced as needed. Based on evidence generated from customer & user feedback, market intelligence and technical landscape, you will develop the vision that drives access to the BMJ product portfolio.
Working with Product Managers throughout the organisation and a dedicated technical development team, you will own the roadmap that supports and shapes access and user journies to all products.
To be a successful candidate, you will have experience in product management, and be driven to grow usage of products by supporting and easing access to them. Knowledge of common authentication and authorisation methods such as federated access, IP, roaming, personal subscriptions and single sign on would be an advantage.
- Own the product development and delivery for identity and access management across the BMJ portfolio.
- Interact with Product Managers to develop product vision and roadmap relating to identity and access management aligned with business strategy.
- Engage with customers and users to understand their problems, needs and priorities and deliver solutions to meet them
- Understand how to use data to help the business drive commercial decisions and growth opportunities.
- Leverage metrics to track progress on customer needs and ensuring that product efforts move those metrics.
Champion the needs of customers, users and Product Managers.
- Lead on emerging technologies around identity and access management and how they may be applied within BMJ.
- Proven experience in digital product development using Agile.
- Understanding of common authentication and authorisation methods such as federated access (eg OpenAthens Keystone), EZProxy, IP, roaming, personal subscriptions and single sign on.
- Experience of user and customer (buyer) focussed discovery.
- Need to demonstrate customer and market empathy. Have a deep understanding of customers, end users and competitors to build and support products that customers and users want to use. The role holder will consult extensively with colleagues in Product, Marketing, UX and Tech to achieve this.
- Able to understand the company technology stack at a high level.
- The successful candidate will have excellent skills in influencing and negotiating ensuring all stakeholders understand decisions and plans, are aware of developments and the prioritisation of that development.
Why should you apply?
BMJ is a global healthcare knowledge provider with a vision for a healthier world. We share knowledge and expertise to improve healthcare outcomes.
You may know us as the publisher of one of the world’s most cited general medical journals, The BMJ. We also publish over 70 specialty journals, many of which are the most influential titles in their field.
We also offer digital professional development courses and clinical decision support tools to help medical institutions and clinicians tackle today’s most critical healthcare challenges.
Evidence underpins everything we do – it’s what makes us one of the world’s most trusted knowledge providers. And the figures speak for themselves. More than 50 million users from over 150 countries access our websites every year.
BMJ is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the British Medical Association (BMA), with nearly 500 employees worldwide. Our head office is located within the Grade II listed BMA House in Euston, London, with more offices in China, India, North America, and Wales.
As a values-driven company, we have pride in our people and take equal opportunities very seriously. We welcome individuality and all qualified applications from a diverse range of candidates.
Those who come to work with us are assured of a rewarding career in an increasingly global company. In return, we offer a great place to work with a wide range of benefits, including:
- Twenty-five days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays, a BMA Day the opportunity to gain more holiday entitlement through long service employment
- Additional days’ leave for moving house, volunteering or getting married
- Onsite gym, fitness classes and subsidised canteen and cafeteria
- Double matching employer pension contribution, up to 12%
Multiple discounts [from major stores] through MyReward employee benefits platform.
- Season ticket loan, gym membership and cycle to work scheme
- Seven x salary life assurance cover
- Regular social events, diversity and inclusion groups, and charity fundraising initiatives to get involved in
This role is based out of our London office, however the models of working at BMJ support a flexible approach especially as lockdown measures are lifted and we establish new ways of working as an organisation.