Product Manager | Hectare
Founded in 2015 by farmers and developers, Hectare is a fast growing agri-tech business with a team of 25 based all around the UK. The Hectare platform now powers some of farming’s fastest growing marketplaces and has recently secured a round of funding from private and strategic investors.
Over 80,000 UK farmers and agri businesses use its SellMyLivestock and Graindex marketplaces to trade livestock and crops digitally making farmers’ lives easier. Flexible, scalable and reliable it facilitates the flow of agricultural commodities from field to fork by providing traceability through its trading, payments and logistics capability.
Agriculture is one of the last industries to be disrupted by technology – here at Hectare, we’re leading the digital revolution.
Post investment, we’re focusing on building out our new Platform and are looking for a Product Manager to focus on our supply chain solutions that include agricultural logistics and inventory management, not just for the UK market but also Internationally.
If you are curious, highly driven and want to help us change the future of our industry, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the very start of something huge.
You’ll need to be up for hitting the ground running. With three core Platform products in progress, more markets opening up at a pace and new ideas that need to become a reality, there’s plenty to get involved with.
With a bias for action, you are easily able to roll up your sleeves to drive execution and get things done, working as a team and with stakeholders to get a project over the line.
You’re happy working in a small, highly driven, remote-first team with sometimes limited resources but you relish the challenge and opportunity to have a bigger voice to shape our product vision and to make it a reality.
You are used to taking a pragmatic view to delivery without compromising longer-term strategic vision.
You build hypotheses from first principles, critically assessing information rather accepting received wisdom and never afraid to ask questions.
Comfortable with ambiguity, you are able to break down complex product problems and define a way forward that both supports the needs of the business and has the customer at its core.
You think being challenged on your assumptions and decisions makes you grow, and that challenging others will help them grow.
You use quantitative and qualitative analysis to shape your decisions.
A natural collaborator and a clear communicator, you know instinctively how to keep people informed, without adding unnecessary noise or complexity.
You’re a self-starter, able to prioritise work and comfortable with a fast paced environment.
Happy to iterate, you can quickly identify opportunities to improve existing processes and tools, and introduce new ones to support the scaling up of development work at the right time.
Owning the roadmap for your Product
Drive the prioritization, conceptual thinking, customer needs evaluation and execution of new or existing products
Take ambiguous product problems and turn them into well-crafted, easily understood scoping documents, which clearly define the problem and identify the meaningful requirements, making clear the trade-offs involved in the search for the right solution
Writing product ‘press releases’ to craft our vision for the product and supporting our Marketing team with a go to market strategy
Identifying and measuring metrics to understand how people are using the product and how it’s performing in order to inform necessary iterations
Manage, update and prioritise features and communicate this to engineers using data and your customer knowledge to inform your decisions. You will also work with the external design team (UX/UI) and our CEO to guide the product design
Balancing bug fix work with Platform and feature development
Leading any product testing alongside internal stakeholders
Join daily stand-ups with our dev teams and end of sprint retrospectives
Keep the wider team informed at appropriate times of the product roadmap progress and future development work in a clear, concise manner
Reporting directly to our Chief Growth Officer.
– You’ve had 2 or more years experience working in a Product role
– Experience of developing ideally B2B or SaaS products in an agile environment, prioritising roadmaps and working with a team of engineers
– Experience of working with outsourced UX/UI designers is beneficial
– Experience building simple excel models and entirely comfortable with data is essential.
– Experience of working with Jira, Figma and Monday.com useful
– Experience of multi-platform development (iOS, Android, web)
– An understanding and empathy for an industry that has in the past been slow to adopt new technologies is a benefit
What success will look like:
– Working alongside the CGO, CEO and Tech Leads, you’ll help set out product strategy and evolve the processes we use to get the job done to delight both internal and external stakeholders
– Our development teams will be easily able to pick up one of your scoping documents to quickly understand the root cause of the problem and what needs to be done to build beautiful code for an on-time delivery
– You’ll always collaborate at the right time to ensure the most efficient approach is taken to get the job done
– Our customers are happy with the Product and enjoy regular iterations to enhance the functionality over time, allowing us to secure recurring revenue with minimal churn
– The products scale efficiently and effectively through the rigorous focus on not just building a product for the UK market but one that can be replicated globally
– Communication style is consistent and product delivery and our processes are thoroughly understood throughout the organisation at every touch point.
-25 days holiday plus bank holidays
-Flexibility to work fully remotely or office based or a bit of both, it’s your choice
-Office based at a beautiful Stately Home in the South Downs
-Generous share options
-Access to employee perks that include discounts, online wellness classes and training courses
-Flexible hours – although this role is full time, we will also consider 4 days a week or a 9 day fortnight.