Looking for an exciting opportunity at a company that’s about to rapidly scale?
For many of the world’s biggest brands including Five Guys, Aldi & River Island, Oak Engage is the definitive workplace solution. Designed to meet the needs of any modern day business, our software has been specifically designed to improve employee engagement, wellbeing, productivity and much more.
Our intuitive software seamlessly blends modern intranet practicality with the unique capabilities of an employee engagement app, giving our clients the tools they need to bring their teams together and work better as one.
We are looking for a Product Owner to organise and prioritise work of a set of agile squads who will be utilising an agile approach such as scrum or kanban.
You will be the single source of truth for product feature development helping coordinating the team’s effort in close coordination with the Head of Product Management.. To be successful in this role, you should be able to identify the needs of team, understand the objectives of developments from a users perspective and work with cross-functional teams to help ensure product releases are met.
Ultimately, you’ll help us roll-out products that deliver Oak’s company’s vision.
What you’ll do…
- Incorporate feature requests from the product roadmap into the teams backlogs
- Nurture and prioritize backlog
- Develop user stories and define acceptance criteria
- Set sprint/agile team goals
- Write acceptance tests
- Ensure work meets planned releases and upgrades
- Follow progress of work and raise production issues during development with the Head of Product Management (following up until resolution).
- Understand the requirements from a user perspective and be involved in UXR work where this is required
- Refine our agile methodology in conjunction with the head of product based on results and client feedback
- Keep track of industry trends
What you’ll need…
- Work experience as a Product Owner or similar role in product management
- Familiarity with agile approaches
- Hands-on experience managing all stages of the product life cycle
- Technical background with knowledge of software development and web technologies
- Team spirit and good communication abilities
- Good organizational skills
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, similar field or suitable experience in agile methods.
What you’ll get…
- Laptop provided
- We have a high trust culture at Oak, as long as your job allows – you can flexibly work your hours anytime over 7 days
- Unlimited holidays
- Vitality Health Insurance for you and your family
- Gym contribution
How We’re Operating Through COVID
As a Company, we are currently all working remotely full time. We will arrange to onboard you remotely and any equipment will either be shipped to you or we will arrange a COVID safe visit for you to collect equipment from our office.
We will be returning to the office when it is deemed safe to do so and therefore you will need to be based in commuting distance of Newcastle City Centre in order to be considered for this role.