Are you excited about helping software organizations successfully adopt the cloud? We’re looking for a product manager to lead Chef’s cloud offerings. At Chef, we’re building products that that help teams deliver and manage software in cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure. In partnership with cloud platform providers, we’re building deeply integrated cloud-native offerings, such as OpsWorks for Chef Automate, the AWS co-branded offering of Chef’s flagship product. As product manager, you’ll be responsible for Chef’s cloud products and integrations. You’ll also be responsible for the future of the Hosted Chef service offering, which today provides a fully-managed Chef offering to thousands of companies, small and large.
As product manager for cloud, you understand and represent the voice of the customer at Chef. You lead teams to define, build, and optimize Chef’s products for the cloud. Day to day this ranges from researching market opportunities, to analyzing competitors’ offerings, to developing the perfect roadmap to achieve business outcomes, to shipping incredible customer experiences. You live and breathe in the cloud. You possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You love talking to customers to understand their problems, and finding innovative solutions for the broader market.
When you’re not speaking with customers, you’ll partner with other areas of the company:
- You will work as part of a triad with engineering and UX to conduct product discovery and define requirements
- You will work with business development to align on strategic plans for Chef’s cloud initiatives
- You will work with marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer
- You will serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering
For this position, we are seeking someone with a technical background that loves talking to customers, understanding their problems, and building great products to surprise and delight them.
- Understand our market and competitors
- Help define a product vision and strategy
- Research, understand, and represent the voice of the customer through frequent interactions with customers
- Work closely with other teams at Chef: engineering, documentation, marketing, sales, and customer-facing teams
- Break down complex problems into steps that drive iterative product development
- Be accountable for building the right product features to support business objectives and delight customers
- 5+ years of software product management experience
- Deep familiarity with the business and technology of Azure, AWS and other cloud providers
- Understanding of the container ecosystem
- A passion for understanding users and their experiences with products
- Comfort with modern product management practices such as user story mapping
- Hands-on experience as a developer or system administrator is preferred
- Knowledge of user experience design and research practices is helpful
- Experience with Chef or other automation tools a plus
- A passion for building great products, and curiosity about delightful products no matter what the domain
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Experience with lean/agile development methodologies (Kanban, XP or Scrum)
- This position requires occasional travel to customer and non-customer sites (less than 25%)
- Experience working with geographically-distributed teams scattered across the world
Chef is a committed equal employment opportunity workplace regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.