FloSports, a leader and innovator in digital sports media, is currently seeking a Senior Product Manager to join our Sport Data team.
About the Sport Data Team: At FloSports, we aim to elevate our events and content with rich sport data, at every point in the event lifecycle: before, during, and after. The Sport Data team is responsible for ingesting and collecting data from disparate sources, cleansing and normalizing them, and making them readily available via API to the various front end clients (the FloSports apps). Before the event, we’ll display sport data in the form of team and athlete rankings, seedings, and entries. During the event, sport data powers on-screen scoring graphics, live scores throughout the apps, personalized notifications, automated recordings, and more. Post-event, it tells the story of the event, and the completed data feeds back into the engine to power rankings, and more.
About the Role: This role will lead product management for the Sport Data development team. You’ll develop a shared vision and roadmap for sport data at FloSports, aligning engineers, designers, and other product managers. Your team is responsible for building an organized sport data ingestion system for various sports, and making this data readily available to our various client-side teams. The role can be based in Austin, TX or remote.
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management
- Ability to think holistically and connect the right dots between many different systems
- Creative problem solver. Able to identify real obstacles and effective solutions.
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience.
- “Think like an owner” mentality and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Top-notch written and verbal communication skills. Understanding of how to adapt your language for the audience. Comfortable communicating with everyone from the C-Suite down.
- Experience working on an agile development team.
- Highly organized, with a knack for crystal clear documentation
- Smart, confident, highly competent, and humble. An all-around good person.
- You welcome candid feedback, and can constructively give it as well.
- Prior experience in sport data is a huge plus.
- Experience in media, especially OTT media is a plus
- Experience working with live production teams, especially in sports
- Understanding of technical best practices of effective API development
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience or interest in one of the many sports we cover
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a venture-backed OTT subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ sports in the US and abroad. FloSports’ vision is to finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally your sport has a home.
HOW WE DO IT:
We are the CEOs of our own work and are accountable for the tasks and responsibilities assigned to us. We take pride in creating the content that fans love. We row in the same direction and work together on our common vision. We build and strengthen our relationships through teamwork and respect. We embrace challenges, ask questions and are allowed to fail as long as we learn. We are passionate about building tribes and communities worth belonging to. We are innovative, curious, and have an appetite for making things better. Does this sound like you?
- Recognized as one of 2020’s Top Workplaces by the Austin-American Statesman
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Flexible paid vacation and work environment
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week
- Modern and collaborative office environment