Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., a leading independent publisher for 40 years in the scientific, technical, and medical information industry, known worldwide for establishing authoritative peer-reviewed journals, books, and life science trade publications, is currently seeking a Senior Digital Product Manager to join our dynamic team in the GEN Publishing division.
Elevate your product development skills. The Senior Digital Product Manager is responsible for driving maximum performance of existing digital media solutions across the company, as well as playing a key role in the development of innovative and new commercial digital media solutions portfolio spanning the organizational footprint, including: websites, apps, newsletters, databases, videos, and digital advertising/sponsorship. This position focuses on addressing user pain points and identifying unique market opportunities; and will play a leading role in shaping the strategic direction of our global organization.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Senior Digital Product Manager will be responsible for the following:
· Product Development: Acting as an intermediary between the development and sales, marketing, and content teams, discover and manage buildout of new products. Research users directly and work with Commercial Director to drive the scoping and definition process including business cases, product specifications and prototyping; define distinctive competencies and differentiation for our product offering; cultivate advertising/sponsorship/subscription models; evangelize the product capability set to include describing why & what we’re building and relay performance results to key stakeholders.
· Continuous Product Improvement: Monitor engagement and product performance via analytics tools to ensure positive end-user experience, maximum client value, and profitability; assist with project management related to development, testing, and delivery of functionality as well as ongoing operations; ensure stakeholders are up-to-date on new and upcoming features and the outcomes of previous enhancements.
· Data Reporting and Insight: Closely monitor, report on and drive continuous improvement to success analytics/metrics around traffic and engagement for the products and develop a plan to meet these metrics; including market adoption, end user satisfaction, client retention and overall utilization; provide regular reporting and insight analytics on performance; conduct and evaluate the results of user testing and surveys; prioritize product features, bug fixes, and other projects in conjunctions with IT.
· Market Awareness: Ensure that industry digital best practices are adopted across the portfolio, including behaviors, trends and strategy recommendations to management; serve as the resident expert on the competitive and partner landscape for the product area; perform competitor research; research and evaluate systems, tools, vendors, and other external resources; support go-to-market planning to gain successful product adoption including “Train the Trainer” sessions and sales material creation with marketing.
· Cross-Company Partnerships: Establish and maintain highly productive relationship with IT, communicating business and client requirements to drive product planning/execution of new development initiatives, troubleshoot technical issues, and support technical needs of the editorial and advertising teams; partner with business and marketing teams on go-to-market, e.g. associated marketing campaigns for features, pricing, training, internal “sales tools”.
Skills and Attributes Required:
• Solutions-focused individual with excellent organizational and product management experience
• Ability to advocate effectively for stakeholder interests and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Proven history of scoping, writing, and communicating detailed business specifications and requirements
• Understand how open source content management systems work and their application in website development and operations; specifically, Word Press experience a plus
• Ability to train and provide ongoing guidance to non-technical employees on the use of open source content management systems
• Expert in using & evaluation web analytics using Google Analytic and Parse ly, particularly converting raw data into actionable insights
• Experience in using project management software
• Awareness of UI/UX design principles and web usability; familiar with A/B testing
• Team player with skills to facilitate working with internal departments to align and activate to achieve business goals
• Externally driven orientation to represent the voice of the customer and client
• Excellent judgment, critical-thinking and decision-making capabilities
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills to interact with internal and external contacts
• Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
· BA/BS required
· Product Management (Digital), 3 years (Required)
· Digitally passionate, yet business outcome smart
· Preferred Industry experience: Services (i.e., Media; Software; Publishing or similar)
· An opportunity to grow with an evolving, dynamic, successful organization
· Competitive compensation, including a comprehensive benefits program (medical, FSA, dental, vision, 401k with match, short-term disability, and voluntary coverages such as long-term disability, life insurance, accident, and critical illness)
Interested candidates are encouraged to reply with a cover letter and resume to:
Mail: Jean D’Agostino – Director of Human Resources
Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., publishers
140 Huguenot Street – 3rd Floor
New Rochelle, NY 10801