Scratch Financial (“Scratchpay”) is a financial technology startup based in Los Angeles, California. Our goal is to make difficult financial decisions simple and increase accessibility to fair, affordable, and transparent medical financing. Driven by our award-winning technology, Scratchpay has become the fastest growing financing provider in veterinary care, with our payment plans now offered in over 10,000 practices across the U.S. and Canada–ranging from dental offices to optometry clinics. With long-established industry giants in our sights, we’re looking to shake up the patient payments space, and we’d love to have you come aboard for the ride!
If putting compassion first, helping create groundbreaking products and continuously iterating & refining those products sound like you, then we encourage you to apply.
This position is open to remote candidates based Worldwide
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join the product team at Scratchpay. Scratchpay is on a mission to help people and their loved ones live happier lives by making access to healthcare simple. Over 1 million people have already turned to Scratchpay to help them with their care. Interested in helping design and build products that helps the world live happier and healthier lives? Then read on…
Even though our job description may seem like we’re looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you meet these criteria below:
- Communicate a vision for the team looking out 3-12 months and build a roadmap to match that vision
- Work in a small, autonomous, cross-functional team alongside design, engineering, UX research, and data to decide what we build next and execute on that decision
- Talk with out customers to more deeply understand the problems that we can address for them
- Work closely with other product team members and designers on solutions by writing specs and creating wireframes
- Develop a sufficient understanding of technical context to help make better, faster decisions, and work closely with engineers on solutions
- Dig deep on data to understand trends and develop a better picture of the business, the product, or our customers.
- Measure and report on the results of your work (creating dashboards, writing SQL queries, etc.)
- Help customers have the best experience with Scratchpay as possible Experiment: this is a startup so everything can change
- 2+ years of product management experience,
Managed either SaaS, enterprise, or financial technology products
- Communicate the vision for your team and then make it happen. Work with leadership to refine team’s vision and set a 12 month roadmap for how to solve those problems
- Know how to turn vision into goals, goals into a roadmap, and a roadmap into daily and weekly tasks for your team.
- Excel at keeping a cross-functional team of designers, researchers, engineers, data analysts, and product marketers working effectively and efficiently.
- Know how to get results. Through collaboration with your team you routinely deliver meaningful results for the business. You share and celebrate and build momentum around positive results. You learn and course correct when you don’t get the results you want.
- Data driven. You use data to uncover opportunities and understand what levers to pull to drive business results. You know how to measure the results of your work, test it with real users, and understand its downstream effects. You consider the long term impacts of experiments and look for more than just short term boost to metrics.
- You have ample technical, design, and analytics skills. While you may or may not know how to code, you have technical skills to support yourself and your team.
- You use your technical context to make better, faster decisions and to minimize technical debt. You understand design patterns and can create functional specs and wireframes.
- You can write some SQL and use self-serve data exploration tools to support your own decision making. While you’ll have resources on your team that are experts in these areas, you can fill in the gaps whenever needed.
- You may not know much about APIs, Node.js, Kotlin or other computer software languages, but you have a desire and curiosity to learn.
- You are a skilled written communicator. The majority of the Scratchpay team is located around the world, and writing is our primary means of communication. You can use written communication to communicate your team’s vision, roadmap, and progress.
- You know the right tool for the job whether it’s managing the day-to-day cadence of projects or building cross-company momentum around a project.
- You love doing things efficiently. At Scratchpay, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business.
- We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves. We also believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done. We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment.
- Excellent team working and communication skills
- Knowledge of programming languages
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
Scratchpay is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Scratchpay considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.