Bright MLS is the engine that powers the real estate market in the Mid-Atlantic U.S. – supporting $100B in transactions yearly, and over 20 million consumers. It is the single source for all data on Mid-Atlantic residential real estate – anywhere. As a Multiple Listing Service (MLS), our technology solutions connect 95K real estate professionals with other real estate professionals and their clients, providing an open and accessible marketplace for buying and selling real estate. For more information, please visit www.brightmls.com.
At Bright, you will join an organization at the cusp of disruption in an ever-changing and dynamic real estate industry. You will join a talented digital team focusing on building digital experiences and products which will help our users transform the way they work.
The digital product team at Bright is focused on creating transformational digital products and services tailored for our subscribers. Our users help the residential real estate industry move forward by focusing on new ways to help our users, subscribers and consumers through the adoption of cutting-edge technologies, tools and platforms. We are innovating in new spaces across the residential real estate industry across consumer-facing platforms, mobile technologies, adopting new approaches, and leveraging data and analytics. Come join us! We are excited to see how you can help us move on this journey forward!
The UX Architect will work on and is responsible for various client-facing deliverables including web, mobile and content strategy, user analysis and testing, usability recommendations, web analytic assessments, information architecture and functional specifications. The UX Architect will work on high-visibility websites, user interfaces, and/or interactive projects simultaneously as part of a larger project team. You will join a talented team that works together to creating, developing and maintaining the visual identity of our mobile and desktop web experiences using modern and emerging technologies. You must be willing to learn and evolve with technology and love working with a team to simplify complex experiences through effective visual approaches, and be experienced with interactive web design.
Specific duties include but are not limited to the following essential job functions:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Set a clear vision for the evolution of our customer experiences within the product portfolio that you support.
- Articulate a customer-centric vision through influencing and managing a portfolios roadmap of experience initiatives and improvements.
- Build consistency and cohesion in the visual communication of our products, creating a shared language for all stakeholders in the product development lifecycle.
- Use Human-Centered Design Practices and design-centric methodologies to improve our customer experience through identifying customer problems, using customer feedback, and moving from ideation to execution.
- Champion lean UX methodologies, and work towards an iterative approach to design.
- Lead the creation of internal system requirements that support the customer.
- Own the details of the customer journey, as well as set the conceptual visual direction for which the UX Designer will execute against.
- Evangelize designing with a systematic approach, educating fellow designers, product managers and engineers about best practices for working with shared components/patterns.
- Build trusted relationships with product, engineering peers and stakeholders with a focus on building consensus and driving customer experience through evidence, influence and collaboration.
- Collaborate across the business to understand business complexities and deliver solutions to improve customer satisfaction.
- Work in partnership with peers in UX Design – providing the context to deliver high-quality design.
- Conduct research, and analyze user testing and focus groups, writing strategy documents, inform journey maps and persona development.
- Define user cases, writing project requirements, conceiving and producing annotated wireframes, creating functional specifications around prototypes and reviewing design and staging sites.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; 10+ years of experience in the user experience field creating consumer-facing digital products.
- Experience working on large-scale custom applications and/or CMS (Content Management System) projects, web-based and mobile applications.
- Experience producing user experience deliverables like strategy plans, site maps, annotated wireframes, content analysis documents, taxonomy schema, user flows, personas, journey maps, requirements documentation, usability test and survey planning and analysis, Sketch prototype creation, etc.
- Familiarity with Lean UX approach Usability testing experience. Specifically, familiarity with planning and running focus groups, card sorts, surveys, and heuristic usability analysis, and moderating one-on-one user testing.
- A best practices orientation and approach to solving complex information architecture and usability issues for large websites and projects.
- Experience defining and writing detailed project requirements that span user, business, and system abilities, needs and limitations.
- Experience in leading information architecture, usability and strategy discussions within a product management team.
It is the company’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals, as well as to administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, ancestry, military status or any other unlawfully prohibited characteristic in accordance with applicable laws.