Bright MLS is the engine that powers the real estate market in the Mid-Atlantic U.S. – supporting $100B in transactions yearly, and over 20 million consumers. It is the single source for all data on Mid-Atlantic residential real estate – anywhere. As a Multiple Listing Service (MLS), our technology solutions connect 95K real estate professionals with other real estate professionals and their clients, providing an open and accessible marketplace for buying and selling real estate. For more information, please visit www.brightmls.com.
At Bright, you will join an organization at the cusp of disruption in an ever-changing and dynamic real estate industry. You will join a talented digital team focusing on building digital experiences and products which will help our users transform the way they work.
The digital product team at Bright is focused on creating transformational digital products and services tailored for our subscribers. Our users help the residential real estate industry move forward by focusing on new ways to help our users, subscribers and consumers through the adoption of cutting-edge technologies, tools and platforms. We are innovating in new spaces across the residential real estate industry across consumer-facing platforms, mobile technologies, adopting new approaches, and leveraging data and analytics. Come join us! We are excited to see how you can help us move on this journey forward!
At Bright, we’re proud to offer innovative products that meet the needs and wants of our customers. To help us grow our offerings, we’re in search of an experienced Digital Product Manager to lead these efforts. As a Product Manager, you will have a keen eye for gaps in Bright’s product offerings and the innovative mindset to fill them. The Digital Product Manager will serve as the product owner in the Agile development process accountable for guiding cross-functional teams in the successful creation of products that improve customer experience and grow market share. Simultaneously, you will also be responsible for the deep understanding of the market and making the products and services a commercial success.
Specific duties include but are not limited to the following essential job functions:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Aware of industry trends, competition, key players’ products, identifies competitive offerings, reviews strengths and weaknesses.
· Conducts build vs. buy analysis and evaluates potential partner relationships for desired products and services.
· Identifies and assesses target opportunities, establishes and develops a strategy to successfully introduce and position a product in the market.
· Adept at understanding business cases, and conducts a financial Cost/Benefit Analysis to support business strategy and understands pricing dynamics.
· Gathers market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by direct interaction with users, industry insights.
· Leverages the lean UX approach for product feedback, and agile development.
· Creates early drafts of potential solutions to be used for validation purposes with customers through the use of sketches, simple wireframes, etc.
· Creates user stories, mockups, prototypes, and other documents to communicate product direction to the development team.
· Develops a product roadmap and manages the life cycle from concept through strategic planning and tactical implementation.
· Supports the Agile / SAFe development process, including UAT testing, product defects management.
· Ensures commercial success for the product.
· Supports a product marketing mindset for creation and communication of the digital strategy.
· Trains and supports the Customer Support Center for product rollouts and enhancements.
· Analyzes and identifies product patterns and creates product backlog items that make the product easier to maintain.
· Tracks product success metrics on usage, revenue, performance, etc.
· Clear and effective cross-functional communicator and influencer with teams in Marketing, Customer Success, Support Center, Technology, Finance, etc.
· Bachelor’s degree is required. 6 – 9 years related professional experience which includes, but is not limited to, a thorough knowledge of product development, product marketing and product management in a technology software environment.
· Strong knowledge of software product management, Agile or SAFe processes is required.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities needed.
· Strong analytical skills, quick decision making and bias towards action, prudent business judgement.
· Ability to work well in a team-based environment.
It is the company’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals, as well as to administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, ancestry, military status or any other unlawfully prohibited characteristic in accordance with applicable laws.