Bright MLS is the engine that powers the real estate market in the Mid-Atlantic U.S. – supporting $100B in transactions yearly, and over 20 million consumers. It is the single source for all data on Mid-Atlantic residential real estate – anywhere. As a Multiple Listing Service (MLS), our technology solutions connect 95K real estate professionals with other real estate professionals and their clients, providing an open and accessible marketplace for buying and selling real estate. For more information, please visit www.brightmls.com.
At Bright, you will join an organization at the cusp of disruption in an ever-changing and dynamic real estate industry. You will join a talented digital team focusing on building digital experiences and products which will help our users transform the way they work.
The digital product team at Bright is focused on creating transformational digital products and services tailored for our subscribers. Our users help the residential real estate industry move forward by focusing on new ways to help our users, subscribers and consumers through the adoption of cutting-edge technologies, tools and platforms. We are innovating in new spaces across the residential real estate industry across consumer-facing platforms, mobile technologies, adopting new approaches, and leveraging data and analytics. Come join us! We are excited to see how you can help us move on this journey forward!
The Business Analyst is responsible for providing support to the digital product team. The role includes problem-solving, data analysis, supporting the product development process and interacting with the technology teams. This position is responsible for determining operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; and evaluating output requirements and formats. This will involve analyzing requirements; studying system capabilities and writing specifications.
Specific duties include but are not limited to the following essential job functions:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Analyzes business needs, translates business requirements into functional specifications for the product team and technology organization.
· Writes user stories with acceptance criteria.
· Manage product backlog in JIRA / SDLC tools with right tagging and epic mapping.
· Participant in the Scrum team, work closely with scrum master, and may perform role of product owner to ensure agile software delivery.
· Maintains systems protocols by writing and updating procedures, user documentation as required for knowledge management and process management.
· Negotiates agreements and commitments, and communicates across the product development teams in-house, offshore and on shore.
· Present, clarify and highlight product needs on an ongoing basis with business and technology partners, and build close working relationships.
· Monitors and co-ordinates agile product development progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports, recommending actions and implementation of solutions.
· Supports product management team for roadmaps, and backlog management.
· Supports technical integrations for technology partners and products outside of Bright’s eco-system.
· Lead production releases, and sign offs from product team.
· Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
· Researches and analyzes business problems to determine if systems solutions are advisable; available and up to date; recommends system improvements by understanding current processes.
· Determines impacts to workflow and assists in the development of new workflows.
· Capable of supporting large enhancements and ongoing system maintenance work simultaneously.
· Coordinates and assists in testing planning and execution.
· Assists in troubleshooting application issues with technology development and QA teams.
· Bachelor’s degree is required and 5-7 years of experience;
· Strong knowledge of software product management, Agile or SAFe processes is required.
· Experience / Awarness with following technologies a plus: Java, Oracle, SalesForce, AWS, React, .NET, rest APIs, Contentful CMS, Pendo etc.
· Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
· Good understanding of application programming, database and system design needed.
· Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously is required.
· Must possess strong leadership skills and generate enthusiasm among team members.
· Ability to work independently with users to define concepts, with product managers, and / or lean UX methodologies.
· Must possess strong analytical, organizational and product management skills.
It is the company’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals, as well as to administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, ancestry, military status or any other unlawfully prohibited characteristic in accordance with applicable laws.