Bright MLS is the engine that powers the real estate market in the Mid-Atlantic U.S. – supporting $100B in transactions yearly, and over 20 million consumers. It is the single source for all data on Mid-Atlantic residential real estate – anywhere. As a Multiple Listing Service (MLS), our technology solutions connect 95K real estate professionals with other real estate professionals and their clients, providing an open and accessible marketplace for buying and selling real estate. For more information, please visit www.brightmls.com.
At Bright, you will join an organization at the cusp of disruption in an ever-changing and dynamic real estate industry. You will join a talented digital team focusing on building digital experiences and products which will help our users transform the way they work.
The digital product team at Bright is focused on creating transformational digital products and services tailored for our subscribers. Our users help the residential real estate industry move forward by focusing on new ways to help our users, subscribers and consumers through the adoption of cutting-edge technologies, tools and platforms. We are innovating in new spaces across the residential real estate industry across consumer-facing platforms, mobile technologies, adopting new approaches, and leveraging data and analytics. Come join us! We are excited to see how you can help us move on this journey forward!
Bright MLS is looking for a driven User Experience Web Designer to join its team. You will join a talented team that works together to creating, developing and maintaining the visual identity of our mobile and desktop web experiences using modern and emerging technologies. You must be willing to learn and evolve with technology and love working with a team to simplify complex experiences through effective visual approaches, and be experienced with interactive web design.
As a UX designer, you will be researching, strategizing, designing and testing. You will not only be focusing on design but also understanding users and developing user journeys, conversion strategies and site mapping.
Specific duties include but are not limited to the following essential job functions:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Create intuitive, user-friendly User Interfaces (UI) for web applications that works well across different platforms, and comply with various regulations and best practices.
· Evaluate existing user interface, navigation and graphical elements in web and mobile systems, both Bright MLS’s and market, to suggest and deploy improvements.
· Designs graphical user interface elements, like menus, tabs, icons, buttons, and widgets.
· Develop wireframe mockups and high-fidelity prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look.
· Creates and maintain documentation of style standards and page logic for use by developers.
· Works with Product Management, Agile development team, Marketing and Support teams, to iteratively arrive at the final product.
· Interpret customer and user research findings, design and specify user interfaces using iterative design techniques including design studios, stakeholder reviews and usability testing.
· Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually.
· Supports and troubleshoots issues (process & system), identifying root cause and proactively implements sustainable corrective actions.
· Evangelize UX design throughout the organization by contributing to and refining establishment of department UX standards and practices.
· Performs other duties and assignments associated with the position that are reasonably assigned to support the overall needs of the business.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer applications, visual design, programming or a related subject and three years of experience in front-end design, user experience, and responsive design principles is required.
· Knowledge and experience with ADA compliance preferred.
· Knowledge of or experience in the real estate industry preferred.
· Must possess strong analytical and process-oriented skills and have the ability to apply structure to complex problems.
· Must follow the established software development processes in designing, implementing, testing and maintaining systems once they are operational.
· Strong conceptual development, wire framing, and layout are needed in addition to the ability to generate multiple UX solutions for a given problem.
· Strong technical and business-oriented communication skills and ability to collaborate well with various stakeholders.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic fast paced environment is required.
It is the company’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals, as well as to administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, ancestry, military status or any other unlawfully prohibited characteristic in accordance with applicable laws.