The short & sweet summary
Twine has a massively ambitious vision to guide every people & HR decision a company will ever make.
We call our product a “knowledge engine.” Half of it is a super powerful analytics/data platform. The other half is a social network of C-level executives.
We’re backed by the founders of public companies, thought leaders like NYT bestselling author Adam Grant, and dozens of leading Chief People Officers.
We’re hiring a founding PM as we grow the team and execute on our ambitious product roadmap. You’ll work with our founder to translate our vision/strategy to execution, be the conductor that keeps things running smoothly, the ethnographer uncovering what our customers need (and why), and the glue that holds our product organization together.
What you’ll be doing
- Execute on the product vision and be a thought partner to our founder/CEO, working to translate high-level strategy into execution and delivery.
- Be our quarterback, facilitating collaboration that helps create great products and marshalling the resources you need from our engineering, design, sales, and community teams.
- Become an expert on our customers and our market, helping to lead customer calls, sales conversations, and quantitative and qualitative user research
- Make sure the trains run on time, leading the product development process in an agile and fast-paced environment (1 week sprints).
- Be our scribe, author, and storyteller, creating thoughtful product requirement documents, owning sprint tickets, communicating the roadmap internally. You’ll also help co-lead our product messaging and marketing.
If all goes well, your role will earn Twine respect as an innovation machine that’s constantly pushing out new functionality at a breakneck pace – with each new feature giving never-before-seen superpowers to our customers.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a smart, hungry PM who is excited to grow and lead. We look for raw talent and potential first – almost everything else can be learned quickly. You may be a good fit if:
- You have 3-7 years of experience, ideally with a few years as a product manager at a leading tech company (ideally you scaled with them through a few different phases of growth; enterprise and consumer backgrounds are both welcome!)
- You’re a creative product thinker who likes working with engineers and designers
- You are a process machine, rigorous about creating and enforcing processes that help teams execute.
- You’re a doer, equally comfortable writing a thoughtful product requirements document as you are getting on the phone to understand a customer issue or help close a deal.
- You’re obsessed with the little details of the user/customer experience. Your quality bar and attention to detail are incredibly high.
- You don’t need to be deeply technical, but ideally you are data driven and have knowledge of software engineering and web development concepts, analytics programs (Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Amplitude, or Heap), prototyping tools, software testing and quality, and agile and lean methodologies
- You’re incredibly ambitious and want to build the #1 company in this space, without exception.
- You make excellent use of GIFs 🙂
- The standard stuff: good salary and benefits (including fun perks for lifelong learners, like a $2,500 book budget!)
- Twine’s cultural values resonate deeply with you (see below)
Twine’s cultural values
Written by our founder in 2020.
Intellectual curiosity: I want to surround myself with people who are endlessly curious, who are always asking questions, who are fascinated with understanding others and the world around them. We’re the kids who grew up always asking “Why?”
Intellectual humility: I want to work with people who embrace the scientific method, who go into conversations with an open mind and ear, who are looking for ways to sharpen their thinking, who are delighted to find out when they’re wrong rather than invested in defending why they’re right.
Relentless resourcefulness: Our company should be full of people who will run through walls to get to their goals, who will bring more solutions than problems to others, who will figure out a way to succeed no matter what.
Winning: People who thrive here will only settle for our company being #1. They can only live with themselves if we own the top spot. Second place is last place.
Positive impact on others: There are people, who by the very virtue of their presence, make everyone else around them a better person. It could be because they have unwaveringly high standards. Or are incredible givers that inspire generosity. Or are teachers of their peers. However they do it, they push others upwards. They are culture accretive; their very presence makes everyone else step up their game.
Positivity. You know it when you see it – can-do, optimistic. That doesn’t mean everyone doesn’t have down moments – it just means on balance, you walk away from your interactions with them energized and charged up to do more with your life.
Continuous improvement: We’re always making ourselves better. Stasis is the enemy… if you’re not going forwards, you’re going backwards. Everything is a work-in-progress in perpetuity – yourself included.