Maxar is currently seeking a Product Owner (PO) to join our Geospatial Cloud Services (GCS) team in Westminster, CO. In this role, you will be a product domain expert, customer advocate, and product discovery agent to collaboratively create flagship Geospatial Information System (GIS) web products.
Life with Us
Your Project: In this role, you will be a product subject matter expert, advocate for the customer and business, and effective communicator who works with teams to create products which solve globally important problems. Day to day, you will collaborate with subset of agile teams and stakeholders through all aspects of the product development process, including discovery, delivery, product demonstrations, backlog refinement and analysis, release planning, sprint planning, daily stand-up meetings, iteration reviews and retrospectives.
Your Career: We are very serious about professional development and continuing education at Maxar. We offer our team members with the opportunity to define their own career trajectory. Our group has amazing resources to support learning and development. You will work with your manager, or a mentor, to set goals and design a development plan to advance your career.
What We Offer: Time for dedicated professional development, conference attendance, corporate partner and industry training, peer group collaboration, hackathons, as well as paid certifications, education reimbursement and student loan forgiveness. You will work with your manager to set goals and design a development plan to advance your career.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, designers, other POs, and engineers during product discovery and delivery
- Maintain transparency into the team’s work and team flow
- Contribute to meetings and ceremonies including, daily standup, sprint planning, grooming, and retrospectives
- Isolation of root problems from exposed symptoms and aid in resolutions
- Engage multiple roles and stakeholders in critical discussion, complex new product development discovery, and building consensus
- Support product owners to maximize value delivery and meet objectives
- Facilitate and support continuous improvement within the team
- Help identify and mitigate dependency risks in development
Coordinate with cross-functional teams on deliverables that affect team goals
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be willing and able to obtain U.S. Government Secret security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Four additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience, preferably in a software product development organization
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Scrum teams
- Minimum of 6 months working in a SAFe enterprise
- Experience using story and journey mapping, OKRs, and KPIs to create successful products
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment while owning multiple priorities
- Full knowledge of modern development methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Test Driven Development)
- Use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) professionally
- Remote sensing training or experience
- Knowledge of geospatial image processing technology
- Web services and Service Oriented Architecture development/design experience
- Jeff Patton Passionate Product Owner class attendance
- Ability to translate complex information into actionable requirements
- Ability to solve problems with sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and remote sensing
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) or equivalent Product
The compensation range for this position is $75,000.00 – $125,000.00 USD annually, dependent on skills and experience.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.