Zalando’s Merchant Operations Team is developing a partner-facing B2B portal called zDirect to enable Zalando to become the starting point for fashion. As Senior Product Manager – Marketplace Platform Tools in the Merchant Operations Team, you will play a key role in defining, designing and integrating central user-facing platform tools that are used by multiple teams. You will operate in a highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment interacting with stakeholders of all levels.
Please read more about the Zalando Merchant Operations business unit on our intro webpage here.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Own the product vision and roadmap for building, delivering and managing a suite of Platform Tools, for both (a) zDirect teams, who would use the frameworks to deliver great value to our partner users, and (b) partners to improve their own performance.
- Discover new product opportunities, troubleshoot technical challenges, estimate their business impact, prioritise their implementation and continuously deliver innovative solutions, providing your users and stakeholders with a great user experience.
- Understand the needs, problems and challenges for a broad spectrum of product, business, and engineering stakeholders to build a scalable infrastructure to support Zalando Marketplace’s vision.
- Work autonomously and with a vast array of cross-functional and multi-organizational teams, in a changing, but fun and interesting environment.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Successful track record of building the product vision, roadmap and executing the launch of multiple cutting edge platform products, and a professional expertise in product discovery and agile product management; strong focus on both end users and engineering teams, and a passion for solving problems that improve processes and drive innovation.
- Experience with user research and user/prototype testing methodologies to understand the needs and problems of end users, and to validate or invalidate your initial product hypotheses. Eagerness to reduce uncertainty in product development to deliver the right solution in the right way.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, combined with an ability to build relationships with disparate personnel, across multiple teams and a wider tech community, and deliver value to them.
- Ability to write documents and clearly communicate your product vision in simple and easy to understand language for a broad audience, including senior management, your teams, as well as colleagues from within and outside the Merchant Operations Team. Visual thinker.
- You are confident, independent, and team-oriented with a bias for action.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, pension scheme, 40% Zalando shopping discount on most products from the Zalando shop, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 31 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.