Join us in building one of the most impactful products in Zalando. The Merchant Operations business unit in Zalando, responsible for building Zalando’s Marketplace, is further developing a platform called zDirect, which will be an ecosystem of apps and services to help partners self-serve and get started on Zalando, manage their business and steer growth.
As our Senior Product Manager in the zDirect Platform team, you will be responsible for managing the Partner Profile suite of products for both our partners and internal users. You will conceptualise, develop and lead the strategy and vision of this very important pillar.
Please read more about the Zalando Merchant Operations business unit on our intro webpage here.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Define and own the product vision and the roadmap for the Partner Profile Management suite of products, which acts as the backbone of partner profile/entity structure, and also provides our partners with self-service capabilities to seamlessly manage their operational business needs.
- Develop solutions & internal tools for various business-unit strategic initiatives targeted towards maximising the impact of our partners on the platform.
- Collaborate & liaise with stakeholders across the company to deliver on cross-department initiatives.
Work independently and drive product development while displaying strong stakeholder management & analytical skills to deliver on the product vision.
- Develop a deep understanding of the partner journey, and associated needs, problems and challenges for your internal as well as external users and stakeholders to build a scalable product. Create success metrics and ensure reporting of these KPIs as your products and tools go into production.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Successful track record of building the product vision, roadmap and executing the launch of one or more platform products (business acumen). Ideally in a B2B environment.
- Professional expertise in product discovery and agile product management; strong business sense and a passion for solving problems that improve processes and drive innovation. E-commerce domain is desirable but not essential.
- Ability to bridge the gap between business and technology, build trust with key stakeholders to align multiple teams and deliver on strategic initiatives (stakeholder management).
- Technical understanding (expertise) and a thorough understanding of platform products (layered), combined with an engineering sense, which will enable meaningful conversations with the engineering teams (technical acumen) but also with less technical minded business counterparts.
- Ability to write documents and clearly communicate your product vision in simple and easy to understand language for a broad audience, including senior management, your teams, as well as colleagues from within and outside the team (product methodology and 4Ds).
WHAT WE OFFER
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, pension scheme, 40% Zalando shopping discount on most products from the Zalando shop, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 31 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.