Food is extremely personal; our customers have very different tastes, preferences and goals that influence how they navigate around our menu, choose recipes, and cook for their families. We are looking for two passionate Product Designers to focus on Customer Retention or the Digital Menu Experience.
You’ll conduct an end-to-end design process as part of a squad, collaborating with your team on the product development journey from discovery through to delivery. You will be working with a wide range of teams and collaboration will be key. Some of these teams will include Product Managers, Marketing Managers, Engineers, Data Scientists and our Food Development team.
You’ll be part of a fast-growing Product Design team that spans across our three tribes; Growth, Menu and Supply. We have a range of weekly ceremonies dedicated to helping us be the best designers possible including pairing time and critiques. We also have design 10%; a day every two weeks focused on learning and development for our function.
- Conduct user research activities to drive discovery, uncover new opportunities and test potential hypotheses.
- Design and deliver world-class solutions that enhance customer experience whilst achieving our business goals.
- Identify opportunities to improve ways of working for you and your team to maximise impact.
- Work in partnership with the Product Manager, and your squad, to set the longer-term product strategy
- Prove and show the value of UX in driving customer and business value.
- Use and actively contribute to the evolution of our design system to help provide UX/UI consistency across our digital product.
What you’ll be doing
First three months
- Familiarise yourself with Gousto’s structure, high level goals and long term vision.
- Get to know existing customer and data insight within your domain and start planning out new research to explore new opportunities
- Contribute to defining the product roadmap with your Product Manager
- Share knowledge with the wider team and coach others to apply lean design thinking in the product development process
Within six months
- Plan and conduct the end-to-end solutioning process for the team’s chosen opportunities. This includes running any collaborative workshops and testing potential solutions with customers to understand usability and feasibility.
- Coordinate across multiple teams where shared input is required to achieve our objectives.
- Support the Product Manager in prioritising the most impactful opportunities based on insights that you’ve helped generate through customer research.
- Work closely with engineers, and the rest of the team, to facilitate high-quality delivery at a fast pace.
You’ll love working at Gousto if you..
- Are a champion of customer-centric design, always looking to solve real problems
- Are comfortable owning the full end-to-end design process using user-centred design principles and methods
- Have a proactive approach to challenging yourself and your team to do better
- Embrace agile and iteration, and are comfortable with change
- Have ability to prioritise effectively while remaining focused on value
- Thrive when presented with complex requirements
Recognise assumptions (including your own) and seek ways to try and invalidate them
- Enjoy collaborating at any given opportunity
- 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
- Option to buy additional days of annual leave
- First Gousto box free and 40% staff discount on all boxes – 25% for your family and friends
- Aviva Digital GP & wellbeing
- Lifeworks – clinical support and complete mental, physical, social and financial wellbeing through services
- Access to Gousto Academy training courses
- Recipe test cooking
- Eye test and glasses contribution
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
When back in the office…
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Friday socials – Wine, beer and soft-drinks
After 6 months
- Gym membership
- Private healthcare
- Our Culture
Dream – Today’s good is tomorrow’s mediocre. We’re always looking for ways to improve Gousto, our team and ourselves.
Deliver – We understand where we can add the most value and obsess about making improvements every day.
Care – We can only achieve big things by working collaboratively. We respect different people’s skills, experience and points of view. We work as one team.
Equal opportunity is hugely important to us, across all areas of Gousto. Currently, in our team, there are over 20 nationalities and it’s deeply important to us to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. We treat all individuals in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation