At Propel, our mission is to build modern, respectful, and effective financial tools for low-income Americans. Over 4 million people use our first product, Fresh EBT, to manage government benefits on their EBT card, save money, and earn income. Read more about the impact of Fresh EBT here, here, and here. Now we’re growing further into the financial services space by building a new financial product that will offer the best banking option for low-income Americans.
As the first Growth Marketing Manager at Propel, you’ll play a crucial role in both defining the marketing function and developing and executing on a cohesive growth marketing strategy for our new debit card. You’ll be responsible for everything from running messaging experiments to optimizing key funnels. You’ll also build out our lifecycle marketing campaigns to increase engagement and retention and partner with our Director of Marketing on a comprehensive go-to-market strategy as we think about scaling the product. You’ll work with designers, product managers, user researchers, analysts, and others to accelerate user growth, drive business impact, and champion brand love.
Propel is a for-profit software company that holds its social mission at its core. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, the Omidyar Network, Kevin Durant, Serena Williams, and Nas.
We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural team. We encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds, including those with direct experience with the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or other government benefits.
- A unique opportunity to make a real impact on our company, product, and brand, especially as we launch a new product
- A fun, get-stuff-done, and caring culture
- Meaningful work and a strong shared sense of mission
- Competitive compensation (including equity) and excellent benefits
- A dog-friendly office based in Downtown Brooklyn (remote work through at least mid 2021 with potential to continue after)
What you’ll do:
- Prioritize, design, launch, and evaluate experiments to drive conversion at the top of the funnel
- Build an effective lifecycle marketing strategy using push and email to drive engagement and retention of cardholders.
- Evaluate new channels (like SMS) to engage with users and test other strategic marketing investments
- Own one-off and evergreen campaigns for special offers and notifications, ensuring we execute while maintaining brand guidelines
- Help with our go-to-market launch strategy as we scale the debit card
What you have:
- 3+ years of experience in growth marketing within consumer product/service companies
- Experience building lifecycle marketing campaigns across multiple channels (i.e. email, push, SMS, etc.)
- Proven experience in delivering metrics impact
- Good balance of qualitative and analytical skills – you’re just as comfortable talking to customers and developing personas as you are evaluating the results of an A/B test to confirm a hypothesis
- Experience working cross-functionally with PMs, engineers, designers in a fast paced organization
- Understanding and empathizing with our users is a requirement; personal or professional experience working directly with Americans with limited income is a plus