Dataquest is an interactive online learning platform for data science. We’re passionate about helping students go from zero to job ready. We help students deeply learn concepts, build projects, work together, and gain the confidence they need to start new careers.
We want to help tens of millions of students worldwide change their lives through data science education, and you’ll play a key role in helping us get there. We’re looking for collaborative and passionate team members, to help us continue to build out our 35+ person remote, global team.
This is a fully remote company and we are open to applications worldwide. You don’t have to match all of the listed requirements to apply, we’re truly looking for people who can grow along with our diverse and global team.
About the role
We are looking for a Product Manager, reporting to the Head of Product, that will be responsible for helping drive growth through defining product strategies and managing a product roadmap. You will primarily be responsible for conversion tactics across the customer funnel to empower deeper learning and engagement for our customers and prospects.
You will need to be hands-on, defining both market and product requirements while working directly with the product team and engineers to define and deliver solutions.
You will collaborate with Product, Marketing, Customer Success, Sales, Engineering, and Content teams to build the go-to-market for our products. Additionally, as a key spokesperson for the Product team, you must be comfortable engaging with customers, partners and internal teams in both small and large group settings.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Build and manage product roadmap from both a business and consumer side
- Own a process through a component of software development life cycle
- Work within a cross-functional team to deliver on product strategies, driving key company metrics and ultimately drive growth in a product-led growth model
- Distill, synthesize, and organize qualitative and quantitative information to understand our loops and prioritize new growth opportunities
- Adopt a customer-centric approach to understand user needs, strong user empathy, to ultimately drive customer success
- Find opportunities to get people to value and to subscribe. This includes educating learners about the value of a subscription, highlighting features that a subscriber may not be using, and more.
- Define and validate product requirements and execute the short- and long-term roadmap to deliver the best possible user experience
- Prioritize requirements across conflicting dimensions, and bring a data-driven mindset to creating acceptance criteria and other success metrics
- Establish measurements to assess the value of product features delivered
- Contribute to a culture of collaboration and inclusion across all disciplines
- 5+ years professional experience
- Previous success in a consumer-facing product role, and a passion for great user experience
- Growth mindset is essential and an ability to test and learn constantly
- Success at communicating with multiple stakeholders
Proven capability in translating ideas into innovative and detailed product solutions
- Knowledge of innovative, user-friendly websites and/or mobile applications
- Critical thinking about the task at hand, constantly discussing and evaluation of tradeoffs in different approaches — there are always different ways to solve a problem
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent time management and prioritization skills
- A high degree of attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Nice to have: Previous experience in edtech or data science experience and a Masters Degree in business, technology or the arts
40% Feature creation, messaging, and development
25% Project management and process development
Our Compensation Philosophy
We benchmark everyone against a high-paying anchor market and add a cost of living multiplier. This approach allows us to hire the best candidates and retain the best talent for each role regardless of location, as well as bringing more diversity to our team.
Some perks of working at Dataquest:
– Competitive compensation and benefits
– Flexible vacation and sick leave
– An annual professional development allowance
– Free Dataquest account for life
– The chance to see your impact on the lives of our students every day
– The opportunity to be part of an engaged and mission-driven team
– The chance to contribute to team direction
– 100% remote with flexible working hours
– A supportive environment where help is always accessible
The salary range for this position is between $77,008.23 and $142,368.00. The final number will depend on geographical location and experience level multipliers