Jack Henry and Associate’s Banno Team is redefining the relationship between forward-thinking financial institutions and their customers. Banno leverages bleeding edge technology and an industry leading product vision to make user-friendly mobile and web apps. We build front end applications natively in both Android and iOS as well as using modern web components.
Product Managers on the Banno team champion a user-centered, data-informed process to help our company ship the right products for our users. They are researchers, strategists and evangelists, assisting teams to define and build features that delight users while delivering on the company’s strategic vision.
As a Technical Product Manager, you love to talk to users, understand their needs and use technology to solve their problems in ways they never thought possible—all while utilizing your outstanding communication skills to establish great working relationships with designers and engineers along the way.
Evidence guides your decisions and you share the belief that through a combination of obsessing over users, thinking big and starting small, and a natural drive to make features work better, we can achieve highly engaging products that customers love because it makes their life easier. You possess excellent organizational skills, analytic capabilities, and attention to detail.
Although you work with multiple teams you are self-motivated and able to work with independence. You care deeply about your work, your teams, and the end user. You are infinitely curious and thrive in an environment where you are constantly learning and growing. You want to be somewhere that you are trusted and set up for success every day. You want to be somewhere that surrounds you with other talented people who drive you to be better every day.
About the Banno Team
Banno is committed to creativity, thoughtfulness, culture, and openness—the perfect place to make phenomenal products that have a big impact. Our work environment echoes a modern tech start-up, but we have the security and benefits of a large, publicly traded company.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working on digital (mobile/web applications) products.
- Must have experience with one of the following:
- 3 years of experience in a product management role.
- Developer/Engineer experience with a software project from concept to delivery.
- Product Management experience in Banking/Fintech.
- Product Design experience.
- Tier 2 support or technical writing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated experience in gathering and transforming user needs into an actionable product vision and requirements definition.
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and constraints to define solutions.
- Natural curiosity about how things work and a drive to make them work better.
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles.
- Excellent organizational skills, analytic capabilities, and attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be the voice of the user in all aspects of product development.
- Designs, modifies and manages activities for a specific product or group of products from product definition and planning through production and release.
- Serves as the central resource with design, process, test, quality and marketing as the product(s) move to completion and release.
- Tracks statistics of product adoption by customers and translates feedback into enhancement recommendations.
- Ensures a smooth turnover to the implementation or support organizations that includes planning, training and hand off.
- Establishes and interacts with user community (e.g., focus groups, ESP, customer fact finding, etc.)
- Creates and maintains the product vision/roadmap.
- Participates in the rollout of marketing plans/campaigns.
- Promotes investigation and application of new technologies and industry trends to product management activities.
- Ensures that products meet specifications and quality goals