PostHog exists to increase the number of successful products in the world.
While we have mainly hired engineers to date, we are now growing across all areas of the business and we are currently hiring for our first Product Marketer to work alongside our newly hired Marketing Lead. In this role, you will own market/competitor research, product position and messaging and you will play a key role in our growth.
What you’ll be be doing:
- Conducting market/competitor research. PostHog operates across a number of industries. It will be your job to understand our competition.
- Armed with a deep understanding of the market you’ll iterate on our product positioning and messaging.
- Develop user personas from user research conducted by our team and supplemented by you.
- Collaborate with our Product team on our vision and roadmap to stay ahead of the competition and satisfy user demand.
- Create compelling collateral/content to communicate product benefits to personas and enable sales.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience working as a product marketer for a technical product positioned at developers.
- Excellent writing, researching and communication skills.
- Experience owning marketing research, product positioning and messaging.
- Experience working with closely with product and sales teams.
- A detail-orientated and organized approach to work with a desire to move quickly and constantly improve yourself and your team.
- Experience working in open source and/or product analytics is desirable but not critical.
What we offer in return:
- Generous, transparent compensation
- Unlimited, permissionless vacation with a 25 day minimum
- Health insurance, including dental and vision (US and UK only)
- Generous parental leave
- Training budget and free books
- $200/month budget towards co-working or café working
- Carbon offsetting for work travel with Project Wren
PostHog’s engineering culture is best-in-class, and we’ve had explosive user growth from this alone.
We launched a four week old minimum viable product in February 2020, and since then have been deployed in thousands of places around the world.
PostHog’s platform makes it easy for software teams to understand their user behavior. This coupled with our fast growth has led to a broad variety of very cool use cases. PostHog is used to help indie game designers make it more fun to defend earth from an alien threat. PostHog is used by multinational organizations running software that powers everything from banks to airlines. PostHog is used by startups disrupting their own industries.
We’re a company like no other in our space. Our approach is bottoms up and that starts by being great for developers to install and use.
By being open source, we can be used on any software project throughout the world, for free, forever. Some developers will use the platform on a side project, others at their startup or small business, and others in their Fortune 500. We are building a true platform that can grow from 1 user to many no matter the size or shape of the organization.
The core of our approach is to delight end users. It’s not about executive dashboards and then a terrible interface for everyone else. It’s the sense of power we give to the person on the ground, doing the actual work, every day.
Our team is a combination of former CTOs and YC founders all turned developers, alongside some of the best developers from the world’s largest tech companies who have the experience to help us handle scalability.
Our team is tiny but we live in 10 different countries. This diverse group looks pretty weird on paper, but it’s magical. Apart from the fact most of them think pineapple belongs on pizza. It doesn’t.
We take bets on people with less experience too – we are as willing to hire an unproven genius straight out of school as we are a seasoned veteran.
We’re all remote, and we’ve raised enough to pay top of market. We’re are proudly backed by some of the best VCs and Investors in the world, such as YCombinator.
Sold? Apply now and tell us:
- How you can achieve the above in a few sentences
Why you’re drawn to us
Your resumé and/or LinkedIn
Please also add a link to your portfolio or examples of previous work.
We believe people from diverse backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product and our company better. No matter your background, we’d love to hear from you! Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!