Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of software, data solutions, and
independent advisory services to the global commercial real estate industry. Our businesses, Altus Analytics and Altus Expert Services, empower clients to analyze, gain market insight and recognize value on their real estate investments. Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,300 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
As we grow and expand our client-facing work, Altus Analytics needs a new BA to join us. Someone who has a passion for solving complex problems using a shared vision with the client and strong technical skills. A BA who wants to design and own innovative solutions throughout our development process.
Who you are – and how you can grow your career here
You are an Analyst or a Consultant with experience translating requirements into specifications for a B2B software company, ideally within the CRE field. You want to join a rapidly scaling company that is an industry leader where you can grow into a product or release manager role.
What you will do
- Be a champion. You can represent either the client or the ARGUS development organization to guarantee everybody ends up satisfied. You are able to take a vision and champion both sides from the initial meeting to solution implementation.
- Start conversations and probe for details. You can creatively elicit ideas and validate requirements.
- Design solutions. You can produce functional and non-functional specification documentation incorporating text, mock-ups and wire-frames for any and every level of audience.
- Drive. You investigate issues thoroughly and create effective solutions that solve problems and open up new opportunities. You are always looking for ways to improve processes and you always ensure your communications have been received and are clearly understood.
- Own it. You take pride in ensuring that the released software delivers true value to our customers and satisfies all success criteria. You want to take responsibility for large and complex projects with very little supervision.
What we are looking for
- A University degree and one of the following:
- 3+ years experience as a Financial Analyst in the CRE industry
- 3+ years experience as a Business Analyst in a software development company
- 3+ years experience as a Service Consultant for the CRE industry
- Empathy. You can put yourself in the shoes of an end-user or co-worker and take the necessary steps to enable their success.
- Ambition. You meet the challenges of the day with energy, enthusiasm and drive.
- A genuine interest in new tools and technology. You learn new software quickly without documentation or handholding. Bonus points if you have direct ARGUS experience.
- A true sense of obligation and responsibility. You are invested in satisfying the needs of our clients – your clients- and you work hard to do it well, on spec and on time.
- A team oriented personality. Your commitment and focus influences those around you to do better. You gain satisfaction when the team wins.
- An understanding of financial issues or of the world of commercial real estate. You can creatively solve complex problems in property valuation.
- An analytical mindset. You can quickly understand and analyze various approaches and processes instantly. You have the ability to drill down to the details, obtaining the right level of specificity for your development team. Eliciting requirements – whether they be technical or functional – is your strength.
- A winning communication style. You have a way of speaking to people on any level so they understand even the most complicated presentation. Everyone listens to you because you have built up credibility. You know how to leverage communication tools and methodologies.
Need any more reasons to want to work with us?
As we continue to grow, the possibilities for the people that join Altus Analytics are significant. From professional growth to innovation to collaboration we are committed to continuing to foster the right environment to help our people realize their full potential. We give our people the freedom and responsibility to take charge of their career path, bring new ideas to the forefront and work on critical projects that will shape the success of our clients.
We thank you in advance for taking the time to learn more about what makes Altus Analytics a great place to spend time doing some of your best work. Apply now, refer a friend or stay on top of what’s new by following us on LinkedIn.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.