JW Player is the world’s most widely-adopted independent online video technology platform, generating more than 18 billion video views monthly from over 2 billion unique users. Our software powers the video experience on sites that range from born-on-the-web digital publishers to global broadcasters.
As the Product Manager for Analytics you will drive customer success by providing critical insights and data that impact the success of their business. This is currently provided through reports in a customer portal, data feeds, and real-time signals. This role reports to the Chief Product Officer and will set the strategy and vision for our analytics products and execute against the plan created.
The ideal candidate will have prior product analytics or big data experience, including data visualization through user interfaces and APIs. You must be able to thrive and succeed in a fast-paced environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. In this role, you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in, and get the job done.
As a Product Manager, Analytics, you will:
- Define and execute product vision and strategy for existing and newly created Analytics products by interacting with key clients and through market research
- Set and manage KPIs for product growth to help attain company goals
- Provide sales, support, and API documentation for internal and external consumers
- Work with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external, to gather and prioritize product/feature requirements and deliver product functionality
- Understand customer needs and requirements, plus anticipating future trends that will serve their needs
- Act as product owner in an Agile development process
- Drive prioritization across multiple engineering teams, communication with internal stakeholders, and user testing with customers.
- Serve as technical liaison to the Support Team and respond to high priority customer questions
- Review and write functional specifications to communicate and guide product development
- Integrate and analyze product usage to continually optimize performance and user experience
Who You Are:
- 5+ years product management or related work experience in data-driven web services (e.g. video analytics, asset management, CRM) in an agile environment
- A record of taking products to market from idea conception to launch in a fast-paced environment.
- Delivered products at scale by working with customers to solve their unique needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with big data, data analysis, data visualization, API’s and real time services
- Demonstrable proficiency in SQL, BI tools, and a penchant for making data-driven decisions
- UI/UX experience
- Experience with cloud infrastructure like AWS, Google Cloud, Azure
- Technical background with a B.S or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience