Job Summary and Mission
At Starbucks, our mission is to inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup, and one neighborhood at a time. Starbucks Technologists work to achieve this mission using cutting-edge technology delivered to our customers, partners, stores, roasters, and global communities.
We’re searching for an innovative and motivated Technical Product Manager (TPM) to support a large portfolio in the Starbucks Digital Workplace managing the Retail Store Partner Productivity products. As TPM, you will support the cross functional product team by working with engineers, digital product managers, UX designers, UX research, architects, and business stakeholders to collaboratively define required functionality to grow and mature the partner digital experience.
Successful Technical Product Managers at Starbucks are comfortable working in a collaborative, fast-paced, & often ambiguous environment. You will lead with passion for creating simple and engaging experiences, while identifying, prioritizing, and advocating for the largest opportunities that enable world-class experiences for employees (partners) and business partners alike.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Product Definition & Value
- Responsible for understanding business needs, market demands, and technical trends. Then problem solving and proposing solutions in collaboration with engineering and architecture.
- Align with business partners and product managers to balance business and technical objectives and manifest these as clear, stable priorities for the working team.
- Manages future product planning through regular collaboration and decision making with a cross-functional team including Product managers, engineers and business partners.
- With product, defines non-functional requirements including performance, scalability, resilience, usability, accessibility, security, and business continuity.
- Defines product health and performance metrics
- Collaborates with product and engineering to understand reporting requirements and KPIs and create dashboards to measure product performance.
- Identifies opportunities to improve feature performance and overall product health using data and represents that work in overall prioritization.
- Measures feature success post deployment and feeds insights back to the team and business partners.
Communication and Collaboration
- Interacts directly with business stakeholders to understand business problems
- Presents options/recommendations clearly and persuasively to support product and business decision making and prioritization.
- Communicates overall product prioritization to engineering teams.
- Works with engineering teams to understand and document technical and non-functional features, then prioritize them with product and business.
- Owns effective relationships with other engineering teams across Starbucks Technology
Product Planning & Delivery
- Practices iterative, agile development
- Identifies and documents technical tradeoffs as well as dependencies and constraints
- Performs validation of feature against stated goals; facilitates user review/acceptance testing
- Manages execution and eliminates blocking issues during development
- Works with cross-functional teams on feature sizing and delivery planning
- Effective communications of product delivery milestones and progress
Summary of Experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues to support decision making.
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment to create and launch software products.
- Experience driving products through Insights & Analytics; KPIs, metrics and analytics.
- Familiarity/Experience in writing user stories, refining product backlogs and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Experience in using agile methodologies
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (preferably Computer Science or Tech)
- Demonstrated use of clear verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using presentation skills to influence decisions
Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Prior software engineering experience is a plus.
- Prior experience in retail is a plus.
All positions are currently remote until October 2021 after this time there will be flexibility on the mix of remote and office based work.