Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of software, data solutions, and independent advisory services to the global commercial real estate industry. Our businesses, Altus Analytics and Altus Expert Services, empower clients to analyze, gain market insight and recognize value on their real estate investments. Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,300 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
Altus Analytics is growing. We need a Real Estate Business Analyst to join our Altus Analytics Platform team, a platform used by thousands of CRE professionals around the world. We want a Real Estate Business Analyst who can provide us with the inside scoop on how the product, it’s features and functions are being used by the industry. This is a BA role that bridges clients and technical work. It is an opportunity to work with internal-facing Product Managers as well as third-party developers; to gather requirements, build relationships and be part of the design and documentation of APIs.
Where are you right now?
You are currently working as an Analyst in the CRE industry or within Financial Services as part of the CRE or asset management team. You want to make a move to a fast-moving, rapidly scaling company that retains their Agile processes while providing global exposure and opportunity.
What does your future look like?
Joining us now is an opportunity to deepen your skill set as you play an active role in key updates to our flagship product as we move to the cloud, make it scalable and start to build third-party integrations. This is a role for a Real Estate Analyst to be supported in their career aspirations as a Senior Technical BA, Project Manager or Product Manager.
Here’s what our Real Estate Business Analyst will focus on:
- Customer development. You will:
- Gather requirements by working closely with internal stakeholders including application Product Managers and BAs.
- Gain insights working with external stakeholders including custom development teams and third-party partners.
- Generate specifications including acceptance criteria, user flows and mockups.
- Work with the Development teams to size and endorse the stories.
- Work closely with Developers and Architects to validate implementation approach and ensure accuracy in solution design.
- Collaborate with QA to review test plans and bugs.
- Stakeholder management and communication. You will:
- Engage internal stakeholders to review solution design and user specifications
- Design and validate consumable API developer guides in partnership with developers and technical writers.
- Communicate release information out to internal stakeholders.
What we are looking for
- A University graduate. You have a degree and 3+ years experience as a Business Analyst at a SaaS company.
- An expert. You have an appreciation for the functionality (i.e., Cashflow Valuation, Sensitivity, Reporting etc.) of ARGUS Enterprise and expertise using it to produce real estate data, analogies and reporting. You have an understanding of the market segmentation of the CRE industry (i.e., Acquisitions, Asset Management etc.)
- An analyst. You have outstanding Math, Excel and analytical skills with proven experience developing and managing commercial real estate reports.
- A technical person. You have experience with Agile processes and an understanding of SaaS/Cloud solutions, REST APIs and Service Oriented Architecture. API Design experience is a nice-to-have.
- An owner. You are proactive and independent, with a true sense of responsibility for your work. You take pride in ensuring your work is of the highest quality and delivers real value to your clients.
- A reporting expert. You are eager to apply your analytical and reporting finesse towards converting requirements into product specifications.
- A translator. You understand and can define relations between large data sets, prepare sample data and define and review detailed financial calculations.
- A stickler. You insist on keeping up with industry standards and trends. You pride yourself on being detail-oriented.
- A puzzle solver. You want to apply your understanding of the real estate investment industry to solve complex problems in real estate analysis. You are a logical thinker, yet you are incredibly adept at thinking of all possible answers.
- An outstanding communicator. You are concise, on point and effective. You can communicate complex requirements and technical details clearly across the team.
Need any more reasons to want to work with us?
As we continue to grow, the possibilities for the people that join Altus Analytics are significant. From professional growth to innovation to collaboration we are committed to continuing to foster the right environment to help our people realize their full potential. We give our people the freedom and responsibility to take charge of their career path, bring new ideas to the forefront and work on critical projects that will shape the success of our clients.
We thank you in advance for taking the time to learn more about what makes Altus a great place to spend time doing some of your best work. Apply now, refer a friend or stay on top of what’s new by following us on LinkedIn.
Altus Analytics and Altus Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.