Rest Less is a social impact start-up that helps and inspires a generation of over 50s to get more out of life. There are 20m individuals aged between 50 and 70 in the UK and this population is set to boom over the next decade.
Today’s 50 year olds are fundamentally healthier and more active than ever before, yet are still unrepresented across so many dimensions. We’re here to challenge outdated stereotypes of age in both the workplace and in wider society.
Since we launched Rest Less in late 2018, we have successfully built a trusted and respected brand. We have over 450k members, with a target to reach 1 million by the end of 2021.
As we build out our growth plans, an exciting opportunity has arisen within our team for a senior product manager. This is a huge and rare opportunity to own your area of expertise and define how the product culture and vision is built. As we scale there are clear career growth routes into Head of Product and CPO roles.
Top 5 reasons to join us
- This is your opportunity to mold and lead the product function across the company.
- We are a business with a social conscience and mission.
- We are flexible and are happy to discuss hybrid remote working possibilities.
- Your opinion matters, not just on product, on everything.
- We value quality over quantity and our compensation packages reflect that with highly competitive salaries.
- Confident communicating with a wide variety of people – Our client base is hugely diverse. You will need to be comfortable talking to and gaining credibility with people from all walks of life.
- Empathetic and able to provide a consistently high level of client service – you’re able to put yourself in the shoes of our clients, so that you are able to understand how we can best deliver for them.
- Takes ownership – taking ownership of tasks from end to end.
- Strong objection handling and negotiating skills – comfortable negotiating with a wide range of clients to deliver a win-win outcome.
- A self-starter, comfortable using your own initiative – in a fast-paced environment, you will need to be comfortable using your initiative to problem solve on the fly.
- Organised with good attention to detail – you will need to be highly organised with high levels of attention to detail.
- Humble with no ego – our culture is one of the reasons our team enjoys coming to work every day. We’re a close-knit team and we work collaboratively.
- Strong understanding of software engineering – as you will be working closely with the CTO and software development team it is important to understand the landscape.
- Experience with B2C products – you’ll understand how to build and define products that have the user and community at its heart.
What you’ll do
- Own the development of the product vision, strategy and roadmap across the whole member lifecycle.
- Partner with Engineering, Sales, and Marketing & Communications to establish and further develop product management best practices.
- Collaborate with the rest of the management team to ensure the continued success of Rest Less.
- Get your hands dirty if they feel something isn’t right or missing: figuring out creative & lean approaches to problems that even sometimes appear impossible.
- Ensure marketing program strategy and tactics support our brand and business goals
- Ensure that our products continuously and consistently delight our customers. You will be the strongest advocate for our users.
- Have an analytical data-driven approach to product strategy and evolution, ensuring everything planned creates value for the business and for our customers, based on solid research and evidence.
- Work with the CTO to formulate clear and understandable product objectives for each sprint. Create clear and comprehensive user stories (independently created, from a user perspective, with clear acceptance criteria). Ensure the backlog is ready for every sprint.
- Coordinate product/feature releases with marketing, sales and customer support teams, and ensure new features are communicated to customers.
- Communicating comfortabley with all teams within the company.
- Maintain and improve upon our company culture.
If this is you?
Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reach out via email if you have any questions or want to discuss anything in confidence.
Is this almost you?
Not sure if you have all the experience we’re looking for but are keen to grow and learn? We’d love to hear from you too: email@example.com.