At ProWritingAid, our mission is to help people become better writers so they can share their ideas, stories, and knowledge.
Words shape the world, and we have a unique opportunity to help shape and improve those words. If you love inspiring, educating, and helping people, then this is the right place for you. You’ll be helping not only our users but also, the millions of children and adults inspired by their words.
We’re a 100% remote team spread across more than 10 countries brought together by a love of language. By focusing on sustainable growth and the happiness of our team, we’ve been in business for over 8 years and are still growing strongly without any VC funding.
What skills you have:
- Significant hands on experience in a Product Owner/Manager role in a SaaS company.
- Skilled with the written word, ideally with an interest in writing outside of work as well.
- Demonstrable experience of taking complex business problems and coming up with innovative product solutions.
- Experience mentoring and helping your teammates.
- In-depth knowledge of appropriate product performance metrics, and experience of data-driven decision making.
- An interest in user psychology and motivation.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with product researchers, designers, and the leadership team to identify and prioritize product opportunities
- Own key product performance metrics and motivate the team to improve them.
- Turn requirements into detailed specification and work with the delivery team to see them implemented.
- Spread best knowledge about product throughout the company. Lead our regular Product Case Study sessions.
How you’ll grow:
- Happiness—we believe that the happier you are, the more productive you’ll be, so we focus on optimizing for employee happiness though wellbeing coaching and stress-reducing workflow management. Everyone can be happy if they’re doing the things that give them joy.
- Opportunities to mentor and coach other team members—everyone has something to teach others. We actively encourage mentoring, pairing, and coaching. It’s also a great way to get to know your colleagues better.
- Confidence—we believe that good decisions require different perspectives. We encourage everyone to contribute to the improvement of the product and company. You can be assured of a receptive and encouraging environment.
What we offer you:
- Remote/flexible working—You can work from wherever (and whenever) you are happiest. The company is UK-registered, but we have employees in more than 10 countries.
- Clever people/hard problems—You will work with some of the most talented people in our industry. Language processing is one of the hardest problems in AI so there are plenty of unsolved issues for you to get stuck into. Our projects require innovation and creativity — not your regular “done that, repeat” stuff.
- Make a difference—You get to work on a real-world problem and make a positive impact on wordsmiths around the world. Our users love the product, but there’s still a lot we can do.
- A small but agile company—ProWritingAid is a fast-growing, yet nimble company, so your work is always delivered to our users and has a visible impact.
- Competitive package—We always pay you what they are really worth (range depending on experience).
- Annual meet up somewhere fun—Every year we bring the full company together to plan, learn and play! Last time we met up in Granada, Spain and ate so much we had to have two seats on the plane home.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer genuinely committed to building a diverse team, and to fostering the type of inclusive environment in which diversity thrives. “Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.”― Walter Lippmann
How to apply
Please send the following to to email@example.com
- Cover letter. Your cover letter is your chance to explain why ProWritingAid is the company for you. We value great writing, so will reward effort here. Check out our article on how to write an effective cover letter here
- Salary expectations