The role in a nutshell:
As we continue to shake up the investment world, Nutmeg is looking for smart, curious people experienced in product development who are passionate about building fantastic online and mobile investment solutions.
Your main responsibilities will revolve around managing one of Nutmeg’s products and becoming an expert on the customer needs, commercial outcomes and market landscape. You’ll be in charge of identifying future product opportunities that are in line with our strategy and goals. You’ll be a key link between Product, Engineering and other teams within Nutmeg. You’ll be in charge of driving the successful execution of your projects as well as monitoring the impact of once in production.
Nutmeg’s Product Manager are agile Product Owners / Managers. While there are other similarly named positions in financial companies, the nature of this role is more focused on managing software development products. To be successful you must have experience managing software development products in a fast-paced agile environment.
What you’ll need to do:
- Become the voice of the customer – be an expert on quantitative and qualitative insights
- Take responsibility for the product backlog for your assigned products and define the right priorities
- Involve critical stakeholders in the planning of new projects
- Develop requirements documentation, use cases and acceptance criteria for new product features
- Communicate team status and key milestone achievements
- Partner with team leads and management to conduct regular reviews – constantly seeking to improve processes and eliminate outdated practices and processes
Interaction with Engineering
- Support and motivate the Engineering teams with clear and achievable deliverables
- Remove the noise from Engineering, do everything possible to keep them focused
- Participate in daily stand-ups, planning meeting, retrospectives
- Balance business and technical objectives and translate these as clear priorities for the Engineering team
- Collaborate with developers and testers to ensure set tasks are delivered
Interaction with Stakeholders
- Create and maintain a positive working environment by building strong relationships with teams and management
- Be an escalation point on scope – always acting in the interests of our customers while balancing the needs of each department
- Be the glue among departments, translating ideas & concepts into technical or layman’s terms
- Demonstrate solutions to key stakeholders where required
What we’re looking for:
- Proven experience working in an agile environment, working in short sprint timeframes.
- 5+ years of product management experience, preferably in a tech start-up or small company. Alternatively, track record of working with software engineers to create great things
- 1-2 years of mobile product management experience are a plus
- Proven ability to get things done
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication
- Effective stakeholder wrangling
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to thrive on uncertainty
- The ideal candidate should have a strong idea about how Nutmeg can empower an entire nation of people to establish great financial habits. Previous experience might include roles as a product owner, business analyst, or a leader in an entrepreneurial adventure.
Bachelors Degree in Business, Economics, Maths, Engineering or Computer Science field. Masters degree is a plus.
Inside the Nutmeg shell:
We’re a diverse team of fun, genuine, smart people with a common mission to shake up financial services and change the way people manage their money in an intelligent easy way.
A fintech leader located in Vauxhall, London, we work in a modern, open plan office. We use cutting edge technologies and development tools like Mesos and Docker. We brainstorm and work with whiteboards and post-its and collaborate across the entire business to do our jobs – awesomely. We’d say we’re similar to a typical tech company: casual, flexible, agile, flat-structured and fast-paced. All while making sure we maintain professional (FCA-regulated) standards in everything we do.
We’re passionate and motivated and take pride in providing a great experience for our customers and empowering generations of investors. We want like-minded people to join us. As a Nutmegger, you’ll be part of a tightknit, hard-working, innovative team at the top of their game, facing new challenges every day.
We champion our Nutmeggers by providing opportunities for growth, always listening to their ideas and treating everyone equally. We reward our people with great benefits, learning & development and career advancement opportunities, share options and competitive salaries.
We’re building a global billion-pound business and we want people who match our ambition, honesty and integrity. We’re obsessed with customer satisfaction and we strive to deliver services that improve people’s lives. We want people who want to make a difference. Does this sound like your kind of place?