Senior Product Manager – NLP Enabling Technology
Healthcare for millions of Americans is provided by the US government through value-based care programs like Medicare and Medicaid. These programs rely on a financial modeling system called risk adjustment, wherein a mathematical value based on the conditions each patient has is used to calculate the overall cost to fund care for all enrollees. At Health Fidelity, we help health plans (payers) and hospitals (providers) who participate in these programs to accurately identify, assess, manage, and document the healthcare issues of a covered population (and therefore the risk) in order to provide clear visibility into, and compliant control over, the reimbursement process.
Through Lumanent, our suite of software solutions, we equip clinicians and coders to better know, understand, and address the health of the individuals they serve. Our applications are powered by our natural language processing (NLP) technology platform, Lumanent Insights, which harnesses all available clinical evidence for analysis. By doing so, we uncover actionable patient insights that are delivered via efficient workflows where they can be applied to greatest effect. This allows our partners to ensure appropriate reimbursement for care provided and drive deeper care for patients going forward, equipping them to better succeed in value-based care.
The volume of healthcare data is only expanding, so with it expands the need for, and capabilities of, our NLP engine. Our technology is the foundation of what’s next in healthcare. If you’d like to be a part of that, let’s get acquainted.
About the Job:
Health Fidelity is looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager for our NLP-powered Platform who is passionate about building products to solve complex challenges in healthcare. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to improve, design, build, and launch our NLP Enabling Technology products that power our end-user-facing product lines.
Applicants must have Healthcare Software Product Management experience.
Set the Product Vision – As the Senior Product Manager you’ll paint a picture for what we’re building and why it’s important to the business. You must be the resident expert of the NLP Enabling Technologies, customer needs, and the broader market landscape to identify opportunities for innovative solutions. You will develop and maintain a roadmap that helps to achieve the company’s vision, and you will help define the go-to-market strategy by providing key product and market insights.
Drive Towards Delivery – You will work with the other product managers, the Informatics team, Industry Experts, Operational teammates, Engineering, and Commercial teammates to define and execute upon product requirements based on market problems and relentlessly prioritize to drive towards delivering on what’s needed for the business.
Lead, Collaborate, and Communicate – You will be the face of the NLP-enabling technologies — providing cross-functional leadership and communication to enable the organization to deliver value to our customers. You are a team player, adept at managing relationships, collaborating and influencing across internal teams, customers, and partners. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering.
- Drive cross-functional teams from initial evaluation of ideas through the product development process to refine existing solutions and launch new solutions
- Synthesize market inputs, company strategy, and evolving technical competencies into optimal solution requirements, user stories, roadmaps, and feature prioritization
- Collaborate closely with customers, other product managers, and experts to gain a deep understanding of their needs, identify product gaps, and generate new ideas that grow market share and improve customer experience
- Guide and interface closely with your product manager teammates who manage the end-user workflow products, engineering, industry experts, and informatics teammates to define scope, review and refine product enhancements, prioritize projects for release, and define new opportunities
- Enable marketing, sales, customer success, and operations to execute to committed timeframes and scope for successful product launch and adoption
- Define solution-specific implementation and support models to ensure high-quality customer experience and product adoption
- Set and continuously refresh core value propositions and competitive positioning to enable the creation of sales and marketing assets
- 5+ years of software product management experience with an emphasis on underlying platforms and the ability to manage more than one product line within a platform
- Healthcare experience, ideally in products that interface with physicians, providers, and coding teams
- Excellent people and management skills to interact and drive your vision with colleagues, cross-functional teams, clients, and partners
- Metrics-driven: strong analytical and synthesis skills are a must, including the ability to absorb and process large amounts of data into actionable information
- Curious and comfortable holding professional conversations with our target buyers
- Must be a strong writer and public speaker in front of large, senior groups
- Experience with best practice agile scrum development methodologies
- Healthcare Data Science, experience preferred
Risk Adjustment, healthcare data science, healthcare informatics, NLP, and machine learning technology understanding a plus
- MBA a plus