Snyk Head of Product
Snyk’s mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure. We’re looking for a head of product who can work with our excellent team and even better users to translate this vision into reality, make using open source securely the norm, and build a successful commercial business in the process.
Open Source code, pulled from npm, Maven, RubyGems and others, is often the majority of code in an application, and yet it receives no security attention. Most developers do nothing to track known vulnerabilities in the packages they use, and trust this code as though its their own. This risk is massive today, and is only made worse by growing use of packages and the simplicity offered by package managers. It is further compounded by the fact that unpatched servers, which account for most successful exploits today, are slowly being abstracted away by PaaS and Serverless, making vulnerabilities in open source code packages become the easiest way in.
At Snyk we believe this problem can only be fixed by developers and DevOps teams, and built into the way we create software. We offer a SaaS CI/CD and runtime monitoring product that helps organisations continuously find & fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down.
Snyk is a dev tooling company at heart. We care about securing the open source world itself as much as as we care about our enterprise grade solution that lets large companies consume open source code while controlling risk. We operate at scale, with many thousands of users across both open source and enterprise. Snyk’s client software has been downloaded over 700,000 times, and we continuously protect over 10,000 open source repositories. We receive regular community contributions (and love!), have great partners expanding our reach, and have more than 600 badges in GitHub championing us, including top projects like FreeCodeCamp and request.
Lastly, Snyk is a growth oriented venture backed company. We raised a $3M seed round from US investors in October ’15, and received another large infusion from our investors recently, demonstrating their excitement about our progress and potential. Our team numbers 17 amazing people in two large offices in Tel Aviv & London, and a smaller presence in the US. We take a lot of care to keep a warm and inclusive environment, and make sure our distributed team gets plenty of face time over video and in trips.
Head of Product – London or Tel Aviv
We are looking for a senior head of product, based in one of our main offices in London or Tel Aviv.
In this role, you will own all product management activities, translating our vision and user feedback into product needs and working closely with engineering to make it a reality. You will also work regularly with customers and prospects, balancing high-touch enterprise customer interactions with understanding the many thousands of users who use your product self serve.
As Snyk grows, you’ll have the opportunity to build, lead and grow a product team, scaling up as our company hits its next growth stages. You will be a part of the company’s leadership, and will influence practically all parts of the company. You will be reporting directly to the CEO.
- Translate Snyk’s vision into a product roadmap, balancing short term and long term goals and iterating constantly
- Maintain a prioritised backlog and work closely with engineering to ensure cross-functional teams deliver the right things
- Regularly communicate with customers, including both enterprise customers and select online users
- Use data and analytics to understand our users at scale, beyond the individual conversations
- Work with Customer Success to understand and satisfy the needs of our online users
- Work with Marketing to build a product that grows awareness, increases usage and achieves good conversion in a self-serve fashion
- Balance our enterprise business needs with those of our self-serve online business
- Personally work with sales to help convert enterprise prospects into customers
- Own and drive a constantly maturing product process that can scale
Skills & experience
- 10+ years of industry experience
- 3+ years of product management experience
- Deep technical understanding, which allow for a good understanding of our solution and users
- Experience building or managing at least one of Security, Developer or DevOps products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Willingness to regularly travel between our Tel Aviv and London offices (roughly every 6 weeks)
- Experience in early stage startups
- Experience working closely with enterprise sales teams
- Deep knowledge of the developer and DevOps ecosystem and practices
- Experience with application security products
- Familarity with open source products, ecosystems and communities
Waiting to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org 🙂
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.