At Prisma we are building the data layer for modern applications. If you are fascinated by the software that power large technology companies such as Twitter, Airbnb and Facebook but want the challenges and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then a job at Prisma might be for you.
With funding from top-tier Silicon Valley investors Amplify Partners and Kleiner Perkins we are a small and dedicated distributed team working on making advanced data infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to all developers around the world.
We are focused on bottom-up adoption, and most of our software is open-source. At Prisma you will be part of a vibrant community. Prisma users often engage with the company on GitHub and Slack.
What will you do at Prisma?
As a Product Manager at Prisma you will work closely with the Product Team on a variety of topics, some of which you will be able to define yourself over time. In broad strokes, you will be responsible for:
- Growing and cultivating a deep understanding of the problems that companies have with regards to application data access and data infrastructure management strategy.
- This means that you will observe and conduct discovery with users and early customers, run research interviews, share your insights with the team.
- Curate opportunities that arise from your research and work through them with your cross-functional team.
- You will monitor and curate opportunities which relate to the problem area you are responsible for. This will be centered around database and data access infrastructure solutions for large scale applications.
- Building a strategy for your product area and contributing to the overall product strategy.
- Collaborating on cross-team initiatives.
- Defining success of initiative and drive how your team will measure the impact of initiatives to help us develop our understanding further, and decide on the next steps to take.
As a young startup, the potential to affect our direction forward is significant, and it is our hope that you will bring practices and ideas that will challenge how we do things and develop the role further over time.
What are the requirements?
We believe the successful candidate would meet the following criteria:
- 3+ Years experience as Product Manager or closely related roles such as Product Owner, Program Manager, or Solutions Architect.
- Prior experience working on SaaS, PaaS or IaaS products, with a focus on the infrastructure aspects (networking, containerization, single-tenant vs multi-tenant architectures, performance management, cost control)
- First-hand experience working with databases
What is it like to work at Prisma?
You’re likely to be a great fit for the team if you …
… have an ownership mindset. As part of a small team, you’ll have an outsize impact on decisions and the way things are executed.
… stay nimble. As a growing startup, the team and strategy evolves quickly. Be ready to re-calibrate often and stay flexible.
… be kind and collaborative. Come in ready to share your ideas and listen to feedback.
We are a remote-first organisation with an office based in Berlin, Germany. Whether you would like to work remotely, or from the office in Berlin is up to you! We are open to discussing relocation assistance if you would like to join us in Berlin.
That being said, for the sake of maintaining an effective working relationship, we are restricted to hiring remote employees from a timezone band ranging from GMT-5 to GMT+3.
What’s in it for you?
- Joining an early-stage startup anchored in both Europe and Silicon Valley where you will be able to make a real impact on a global scale.
- A generous tech-budget to get you all the latest hardware you need.
- Twenty-four days paid time off.
- Competitive compensation including stock options.
- [US] 401k Matching, Health, Vision and Dental.
What is the process like?
Our recruitment process for this role follows the structure below:
- Introductory call with our People Operations person.
- First Interview with the VP of Product.
- Values Fit Interview with our VP of Design
- Team Fit Interview with the Product Team
- Homework Assignment followed by a debrief including the
- Head of Developer Relations, Engineering Manager and VP of Product.
- Final discussion with our co-founder
What do I do now?
If you are interested, please apply by sending us your Resume/CV and any other links or documentation that you think might be relevant. We are looking forward to hearing from you and wish you all the best with your application.
Prisma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.