Who We Are
Singletrack provides a cloud-based SaaS solution to our customers – investment banks and independent research providers – to help them manage their client relationships, distribute their research product, gain insight into their operational data and comply with market regulation. We are a UK company headquartered in London, with offices in Newcastle and New York, with a global customer base.
Founded in 2009, Singletrack has been steadily gaining market share in a sector dominated by large vendors. Today we are the leading vendor in Europe and are experiencing significant growth in the US market. This growth has been recognised by our inclusion in The Sunday Times Tech Track 100 for 2020.
Singletrack hires great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger and our products better. As an equal opportunity employer we value differences in how we think, what we’ve experienced and who we are.
Singletrack has two products, one for our Sell Side customers and one for their Buy Side clients. The Sell Side product has been our main offering for the past ten years and has grown from being a small utility for a specific function of the Sell Side to becoming the most comprehensive solution of its type, with the greatest market share amongst our target market: ‘mid tier’ sell side companies. We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to initially focus on product management of the Sell Side product, with the capacity and ambition to develop the role to encompass the Buy Side offering and greater ownership of overall product strategy over time.
Despite the maturity of the product and our market share, our ambition for the Sell Side product is to grow from a position of strength and to continue to innovate and expand what we do. In the past year we have added a number of areas of functionality to even more comprehensively support our customers, and this year we’re beginning a programme of ‘reimagining’ some of our core tools and features to tackle the challenges our customers will face in the next 3-5 years. This continues an approach to product development that has always looked to challenge industry assumptions and bring new ideas to bear, leading to a number of firsts for products of this type in the industry:
- First product to treat email communications as ‘first class’ interactions with clients (predicting a shift in the industry that took place 3 years later)
- First product to introduce data analytics techniques and processing to bear on client relationship and operational data
- First product to directly support sell side companies in addressing the challenges of the MAR and MiFID II regulations introduced in 2017 & 2018
- First product to support remote meetings with clients as pandemic restrictions required a shift in industry practice
As well as many other initiatives, including use of NLP to extract and classify relationship data from unstructured data sources and continuing to build out the broadest range of partner integrations available to our customers.
To date the product management function has been carried out by the CTO supported by the product development team and Client Success department. This will be the first full-time product management hire we’ve made and will result in the formation of a small product management team that the successful candidate will lead. Initially this will consist of the Product Manager, the CTO, a Technical Product Specialist, and our Release Manager who is also increasingly influential in the product management process.
As the provider of a low-volume, high-value product we get a lot of customer feedback and establishing good relationships with key customers (and influential individuals at those customers) is a critical aspect of the job. You will work closely with our Sales and Marketing team, Product Engineering and Client Success teams as well as the Singletrack management team. The role very much suits a self starter with a collaborative mindset. You’ll report directly to the CTO but will largely determine your own priorities and working practices. We have a product management process that has been successful for us but we expect the successful candidate to improve what we have over time.
This is a UK role. Like many companies of our type, Singletrack shifted from being an ‘office first’ company to being fully remote just prior to the start of lockdown in March 2020. At present we are a ‘remote first’ company with the London, Newcastle and New York offices open for anyone that wants to use them, but no requirement for staff to do anything other than work remotely.
Until at least the summer of 2021, this role will be a ‘remote first’ role with attendance at any of our offices completely optional. Our intention post-COVID is to continue to operate in a hybrid manner with a mixture of office and remote working and so, once pandemic restrictions allow, we anticipate a minimum attendance in the London office of once per month for 2-3 days to help maintain team cohesion and for social events. The details of this are yet to be finalised and we are always flexible in meeting our employees’ needs. For anyone based in London or North East England, there is the option to attend our offices more frequently if preferred.
There will also likely be the need for some travel to the New York office, although this will very much depend on how our customers and prospects want to engage with us in the post-pandemic world.
Required Attributes / Experience
- At least three years product management experience, preferably with a B2B product vendor, preferably for a SaaS product with multiple annual updates.
- A good understanding of the capital markets, especially the sell side, whether as part of the product management role or from a previous role.
- Excellent analytical skills and a proven ability to understand the requirements of a complex business domain.
- A proven ability to deal with multiple competing priorities from multiple competing customers in a way that balances the different needs and expectations of those customers
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to sympathetically deal with a wide range of different people internally and externally
- A strategic view of how a product should develop combined with a pragmatic ability to deliver against short-term objectives
Desirable Attributes / Experience
- Experience of at least one of the aspects of the solution we deliver: B2B client relationship management, financial research authoring and distribution, corporate access and investor relations, corporate banking, capital markets business management and marketing.
- Experience of delivering products on the cloud platforms we use – Salesforce Lightning Platform, Salesforce Heroku and Amazon Web Services – and the opportunities and limitations inherent in those platforms
- Enthusiasm for data-driven approaches and the role of data analytics in products like ours
This is an opportunity to establish a dedicated product team, further develop our product management approach, and then to grow both the team and the role in an innovative company that is disrupting the industry.