Duolingo is looking for a creative and experienced Director of Product.
Help us bring free education to the next level!
- Lead the full product lifecycle for a suite of products or services covering concept, specification, design, launch, and enhancement phases.
- Develop a comprehensive product roadmap for the Duolingo products and related data to deliver against business goals.
- Collaborate with business and technology stakeholders to understand current product capabilities and identify gaps.
- Consolidate, rationalize, and prioritize market requirements into the product roadmap to define go-to-market strategy and timeline for product features and enhancements.
- Define success metrics and be accountable to them.
- Design functional specifications and make feature, resource, and timeline trade-off decisions.
- Lead and coordinate product rollout efforts with marketing, sales and other client facing teams.
- University degree in the field of computer science or business administration.
- 5-7 years experience in product management in a technology field.
- Proven track record of setting product development targets and delivering results a must, including experience authoring MRDs and PRDs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentation experience to large and diverse audiences.
- Experience in strategic technology planning, execution, and policy development.
- Solid understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities.
- Excellent understanding of project management principles.
- Proven experience in planning, organization, and development.
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders to define requirements and quantify market opportunities, and then drive them to realization.
- Ability to gain credibility quickly.
- Action-orientated, gets things done and makes decisions.
- Excellent relationship builder.
- Flexibility and adaptability while being able to drive organizational change is essential.
- Must have ability to quickly assess situations, define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must have a strong understanding of business direction and needs.
Exceptional candidates will have
- 10+ years experience in product management and/or product marketing in a technology field.
- Track record of building products in a successful startup, from early stage to multi-hundred employee stage.
Duolingo is the world’s largest online language learning platform, and the most downloaded education app in the world on both Android and iOS devices. It was recognized as Apple’s iPhone App of the Year of 2013 as well as Google Play’s Best of the Best of 2013 and 2014. Duolingo has over 150 million members and is funded by some of the world’s most prestigious venture capital firms.
You will be working with Machine Learning and NLP PhDs, industry veterans from places like Google and IDEO, brilliant designers, and our MacArthur Fellow CEO. You will find an exceptional team whom you can grow with, and also genuinely nice and fun people who love to collaborate, be challenged, and work on bold new ideas. Join us as we make fun, personalized education accessible to the entire world.