Our mission to deliver honest financial products that improve lives extends beyond borders. Consumers across the globe are in need of safe, transparent financing and our retail partners need Affirm to be there for them, wherever that might be. To help achieve this vision, Affirm is expanding and growing into new countries! We’ve recently expanded into Canada with our partnership with Peloton, and with our acquisition of Paybright, we’re deepening that presence and positioned to grow dramatically. We’re just getting started, and we’re looking for a strong product leader to define how our loans originate internationally all the way to localized and relevant customer experiences.
As a Director of Product Management, you will be responsible for forging a high performance international product development team to expand Affirm into a truly global company. This is a multi-dimensional challenge where you’ll need to bring all of leadership experience, product skills and internal drive to meet it! You and your team will be charged with setting our strategy for scaling to multiple countries, building the product roadmaps to get there and deliver amazing experience to our customers globally.
This is an incredible and unique opportunity for anyone who is inspired by building global scale fintech products. Join us on our mission to build honest finance!
What You’ll Do
- Build a deep understanding of Affirm merchants and platform partners– their global needs, the jobs-to-be-done, why they love Affirm, and what they wish could be better
- Influence the executive team on the overall international go-to-market strategy
- Lead and develop a growing team of 2+ product managers
- Collaborate cross functionally with engineering, design, sales and marketing, legal, capital, and operations to successfully launch and scale Affirm in new geographies
- Define key objectives and outcomes, translating them into qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
- Analyze the user impact of product features and define key metrics for success
What We Look For
- 10+ years of product management experience, need to have managed a team (ideally 3+ years of management experience)
- Proven ability to scale and foster a team while leading from a product driven stance
- Able to influence and inspire a cross-functional team to reach ambitious goals
- Track record of successfully launching and growing products
Balances outstanding user insight with high analytical rigor
- Driven to question assumptions and validate hypotheses
- Obsesses over getting the product details right but knows how to ship on time
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
Check out our remote-first approach to learn more about the new ways we work.
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in Affirm’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, “People Come First” is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2019 D&I report.
We also believe “It’s On Us” to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.