Telefonica is on a truly inspirational adventure. As one of the world’s most innovative communication companies and the name behind flagship brands such as O2, we’re thinking bigger than ever before. We’re taking on new challenges around the world and exploring new ways to open up the world for our millions of customers. And you could be part of it all.
The Research & Innovation team is responsible for innovation and creating new products, services and partnerships which deliver incremental revenue streams to our core business.
In this role, you will sit within the Commercial Development team, which is responsible for driving our digital products and services through our business and customer base, while opening up new marketing channels and revenue streams.
- Responsible for early life product development including ideation, trialling, evaluating and where they prove successful, launching new products to drive commercial value
- Own the end to end delivery plan for your product(s)
- Uncover early customer insights, market trends and technology innovations which are used to inform the product roadmap
- Look for new partnership opportunities to deliver commercial benefit to our business and brilliant digital experiences for our customers
- Be the ambassador for these products across the business to ensure that they are included in planning, relevant propositions and marketing campaigns
- Work closely with the in-life commercial product team to ensure they are brought into new products and to enable a smooth transition once they become in life
- Great knowledge of the digital landscape, developments in the market and potential impacts / opportunities for O2
- Experience of discovering new product ideas based on customer insight, commercial awareness and a disruptive thinking approach to established markets and sectors
- Experience of trialling, launching and iterating digital products. Good experience in product execution and ability to find the right option for bringing a product to market to maximise speed / quality and minimise cost
- Experience of negotiating and managing partnerships in the digital space
- Experience of managing products or projects which cross multiple areas of the organisation
- Comfortable with ambiguity, and delivering under pressure in complex fast paced environments
- Experience of segmentation, customer insight, strategic and competitive analysis