As a Product Designer at Petal, you will work in a cross-functional team of Product Managers, Software Engineers, Analysts, Operations, and Marketing to research, create, improve and uphold the quality of our product experiences in order to achieve our mission of creating simple, honest, and accessible credit.
- Participate in the end-to-end cycle of new projects of every scale. This means supporting user research, framing problems, communicating user stories, running collaborative ideation sessions, designing, prototyping and testing multiple solutions, monitoring implementation, and iterating on results.
- Help nurture a culture of customer understanding, where we are curious to hear from our customers, and learn how to simplify and set them up for success with our products.
- Work with product managers to define the problem, alternative solutions, and their requirements, not just translate briefs into screens.
- Infuse the digital experience with the brand guidelines, delightful moments, motion, and illustration assets.
- Produce both long-term, inspirational prototypes and more immediate quick fixes and production deliverables.
- Be an early stakeholder in defining our design and product team’s culture, rituals and activities, acting as a key supporter to the well-being and impact of the design org as a whole.
Characteristics of a successful candidate:
- Experience designing and prototype in different fidelity levels, from abstract flow diagrams to production-ready screens in multiple platforms.
- Ability and curiosity to use research as a base for your work, including reviewing customer feedback, setting up and conducting interviews, administering surveys, and investigating our ample data resources.
- Ability to communicate designs in terms of the problem, solution, and results achieved.
- Ability to think of the user experience as a journey across touchpoints and channels, not only screens.
- Work with transparency by sharing work early, involving the right stakeholders at the appropriate times, and being receptive to design critiques and feedback.
- Facilitating brainstorms and other design workshops.
- Desire and ability to learn. We know you’re unlikely to arrive as an expert in all the tools and experience above, so you should be self-determined and have a strong desire to grow.