Hygiena is a rapidly growing global life science company that manufactures and sells rapid microbial detection and monitoring solutions to a wide range of industries. Headquartered in Camarillo, California and with offices around the world, we are actively looking for talented individuals to help grow the business!
At Hygiena we believe:
- In providing the highest quality products & service
Being a leader in innovation
- Having a compelling desire to improve and win in the marketplace
- In contributing positively not only in the workplace, but in our community and environment!
With rapid growth comes opportunity. We are looking for a Software Product Manager to join our team! (Remote position from anywhere in the U.S.)
- Grow new business by leading the development and optimization of Hygiena’s Cloud based software, strategically identifying and understanding customer demands, and developing new technology-based quality and risk management customer offerings.
- Manage the software product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities. Develop and outline product plan, timing and expectations.
- Recommend future strategic decisions including short term oriented tactical management, portfolio optimization, investment needs, and total profitability assessment versus an assessment of the opportunity.
- Define the detailed product/software requirements. Translate, document, and prioritize detailed use cases and technical requirements for software and other teams as needed.
- Oversee and manage internal projects from conception, R&D, validation, manufacturing and ultimately commercialization, through the management of cross functional teams, in accordance with Hygiena’s Product Commercialization Framework.
- Prepare supporting documentation for new software releases and help train customer support about new features.
- Analyze the competitive landscape to check what products are available on the market, what customers value about them, new competitive options, etc., by reading product reviews, testimonials, competitor actions, etc.
- Evaluate data and presents to applicable senior management along with recommendations for next steps/decision making.
- Determine pricing structure and positioning strategy in collaboration with sales, operations, and regional teams.
- Responsible for driving ongoing new and current product development within the software space, utilizing cross-functional team environment.
- Serve as subject matter experts in software and risk management product markets, providing vision and recommendations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology, Information Technology, Biology, Biochemistry or related field, or equivalent education and work experience, required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required that includes the following:
- Minimum of 2 years relevant commercial experience (sales, marketing, project management, product management) in a B2B environment with a strong track record of achievement.
- Food and beverage industry background preferred.
- Solid background within the SaaS software space, preferably with environmental monitoring, food safety compliance and risk management, quality management, or related software products.
- Familiarity with Laboratory Information Systems (LIMS) preferred.
- Experience building products with cross functional teams in agile environments preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of achievement built from market/ customer focused knowledge, marketing concepts and practices.
- Demonstrated background with new product development and strategic vision.
- Demonstrated success of working and influencing projects or initiatives in a global matrixed organization.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat required.
- May be required to travel, which may vary if remote. (Approximately 25%).
- May occasionally work evenings and/or weekends.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills/ leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skill.
- Ability to lead and manage through ambiguity.
- Customer and commercially focused – ability to connect and communicate with internal and external customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Must be able to use discretion and independent judgement.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to adapt and flex to a changing environment.
Why you’ll want to join our team.
Teamwork as a core value.
At Hygiena, our emphasis on teamwork and cross-functional communication enables us to build stronger bonds within our business.
Be a part of something big.
Hygiena plays a critical role in helping to prevent global health crisis such as foodborne illness, healthcare-associated infections, and other outbreaks.
Giving back to our communities.
Hygiena believes in giving back by supporting local organizations committed to improving the lives of children and youth in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.