Right now, even though STEM skills are increasingly important, over 60% of students in Kindergarten through 8th grade are not proficient in math at their own grade-level. The pandemic has increased the opportunity gap for our most vulnerable students. As a society, we need to bring together our best, most creative minds to tackle this critical problem and ensure all kids are successful in math and school and have the tools they need to reach their potential. This includes developing the most innovative learning technology using advanced data science in a way that inspires students and empowers teachers. Come help us make a difference at DreamBox Learning.
We’re passionate about our mission to radically transform the way the world learns. Today, our Intelligent Adaptive Learning platform – with its rigorous math curriculum and game-based environment – is helping 5 million kids and over 150,000 educators improve math achievement and build a love of math at the same time. In the wake of COVID-19, and the broad range of learning experiences: in-person, all virtual and hybrid models, we are uniquely positioned to bring our best-in-class adaptive learning platform to more students and provide Educators and Parents with insights into their student’s learning.
About the Role:
Data is at the heart of what we do at DreamBox and this role is central to ensuring our strategic projects succeed. You will leverage your background in data analytics, SQL and machine learning to drive product roadmap, definition and development of features aimed at Educators. You’ll collaborate with our research, curriculum and engineering teams one minute, design, marketing and other key teams the next to deliver innovative features within DreamBox’s educator dashboard. You’ll analyze the market landscape and product data to deeply understand our customers and use this data to inform product enhancements that optimize learning and engagement. This is a rare opportunity to be a part of a small, high energy, rapidly growing company at an exciting time in the development of EdTech. Check us out at DreamBox.com and social media to see what our teachers and students think.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Deeply understand our data through partnership with Research and Engineering to
- Understand, prioritize and advocate for the customer’s needs.
- Drive customer research where needed
- Interact directly with students, teachers, and industry gurus
- Wrestle hard technical, business and design problems to the resolution, finding common ground with various partners to identify and design new features that benefit students and teachers
- Define and analyze key metrics to inform decision-making and measure success
- Establish product vision, goals for your feature areas and develop a product roadmap to achieve them
- Maintain prioritized backlog across multiple feature areas
- Communicate data, insights and business requirements clearly, distilling complexity down to its essence
- Collaborate cross-functionally through the development process to bring features to life
- Seek opportunities to improve team practices
- Develop others through mentoring
Accountabilities and Performance Measures:
- Delivery of software that has an impact on customers
- Analysis and Growth in key metrics relative to a given feature area
- Roadmap and prioritized backlog across given feature areas
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related STEM field
- 5-7 years of Product Management experience building web products working in an agile environment
- Extensive experience with SQL, Tableau and machine learning methodologies
- Shown strength with model building, and data analysis to aid business decisions
- Demonstrated experience of cross-functional team collaboration
- EdTech experience is not required
- Excellent analytical abilities to break down and solve complex problems
- Excellent user-centric design and product sense
- Proven ability to collaborate and build relationships with diverse teams
- Outstanding written/verbal communication and presentation abilities, able to communicate complex ideas to a nontechnical audience
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Organized, focused and able to thrive in a dynamic environment
At DreamBox, we are hooked on celebrating diversity & providing an inclusive workplace and it shows throughout our product, brand, and teams. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Thanks for considering DreamBox Learning!