Product Manager, Legal Information Services
Join PLI and represent the legal community’s premier provider of continuing education and research services as a Product Manager, Legal Information Services in our New York office. Work in a collaborative environment that prides itself on a genuine commitment to a work-life balance (3+ weeks of vacation days!). Grow your career and help oversee the daily operation and requirements of the PLI PLUS database.
For more than 80 years, PLI has served the legal community with innovative products and quality programming, building a sterling reputation spanning the country.
Your responsibilities as Product Manager, Legal Information Services
- Define and maintain the functionality of PLI PLUS, PLI’s award winning secondary source legal research database which includes gathering and documenting requirements for new features.
- Actively seek to learn and understand the strategic goals of PLI senior leadership.
- Work with sales/account management on customer requirements and training on PLI PLUS
- Takes ownership of projects from end-to-end. Display project management skills and the ability to engage with others to achieve product vision.
- Maintains an ongoing understanding of PLI customers, PLI business goals, and internal technologies
- Keep current with market trends that impact how customers prefer to interact with content and actively seek out user data.
- Represent and drive the business needs throughout the development process providing requirements with technology and software engineers, as well as QA and project management.
- Manage the requirements and oversight of implementation of development priorities.
- Collaborate and participate on User Experience work.
- Meet daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines as established by supervisor.
- Perform other related tasks as requested by supervisor.
- Handle special projects as they come up.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Knowledge of legal, compliance and electronic publishing preferred, although we will train the right candidate.
- Experience in product or project manager in electronic database development is a plus
- Advanced Academic Credentials required, MLS, MBA or JD preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to define database functionality.
- Self-starter and able to take initiative
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Analytical mindset and critical thinking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, including presentation skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of MS Office, JIRA, SFDC is an advantage
Your benefits at PLI
PLI offers a generous benefits package and is committed to creating an interesting, collegial, and supportive work environment:
- Medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Generous employer contribution to employee retirement savings account
- Ample paid time off and holidays, summer Fridays
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning web-based training along with other career development opportunities
- Work-life balance initiatives
Practising Law Institute (“PLI”) is a nonprofit learning organization dedicated to keeping attorneys and professionals at the forefront of knowledge and expertise, as well as preparing them to fulfill their pro bono responsibilities.
Chartered by the Regents of the University of the State of New York, PLI was founded in 1933 by Harold P. Seligson. The organization provides the highest quality, accredited, continuing legal and professional education programs in a variety of formats. PLI publishes a comprehensive library of Treatises, Course Handbooks, Answer Books and Journals also available through the PLI PLUS online platform. The essence of PLI’s mission is a commitment to the pro bono community and with over 98,000 attendees at our pro bono programs this past year.
Only those applicants who meet our requirements for this position will be contacted.
Practising Law Institute is an equal opportunity employer. More information about PLI may be found on our website www.pli.edu.
PLI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any candidate based on race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.