IDEXX is seeking an experienced Product Manager to join our BioAnalytics team to support the Biologics business segment. The IDEXX BioAnalytics (IBA) business is a dynamic and growing business focused on research, biologics and animal health lab testing services. The customer base includes principal investigators, laboratory animal veterinarians and research core facility managers. These customers are found in academia, pharmaceutical, biotech and contract research organizations (CRO).
The Biologics business segment is a is a key growth area for IDEXX BioAnalytics and continues to realize double-digit revenue growth. This service includes pathogen detection, microbial and fungal contamination and cell line authentication provided to the pharmaceutical & bio pharmaceutical industries testing drugs or therapeutic approaches.
In This Role:
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for product management and/or strategic direction for a portfolio of product offerings.
- Responsibilities include marketing programs, technical programs, strategy, planning, product definition, and/or financial return for the functional area.
- Responsibilities include product design, market segmentation, launch, maintenance and growth.
- This person will serve as a subject matter expert on product and possess high level of technical acumen.
- Products may include worldwide responsibility.
What You Will Need to Succeed:
Key skills and abilities relating strong financial acumen, reasoning and analytics, project management, deep technical understanding, influencing without authority, strong communication and presentation skills, the drive and the ability to take ownership of all aspects associated with managing a product area.
- Responsible for the product roadmap and/or product positioning which includes creating, updating and maintaining the marketing materials and supporting campaigns, identifying and selecting marketing opportunities, and developing communication strategies.
- Assist/define/establish strategic direction for worldwide product lines consistent with overall LOB strategy, IDEXX mission and direction.
- Assist/define/establish/achieve all financial and other objectives for the product lines.
- Assist/responsible for long-term strategy, annual revenue and operating performance, customer loyalty, and development of a product management team.
- Develop and implement products and features to maximize IDEXX’s return from targeted markets.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills required.
- Excellent customer service and business relationship-building skills required.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to translate technical subject matter to non-technical audiences.
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals healthy and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from diseases. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 9,000 talented people.
So, what does that mean for you? We enrich the livelihoods of our employees with a positive and respectful work culture that embraces challenges and encourages learning and discovery. At IDEXX, you will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement.
Let’s pursue what matters together.
IDEXX values a diverse workforce and workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
IDEXX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.