US-TX-Austin | US-OR-Portland | US-Remote
ID 2021-1623 Category Product Type Full Time- Salary
At Khoros, our passion is to help the world’s best brands create customers for life. We build products we’re proud of, and we’re passionate about customer success. As part of the Vista Equity family, you’ll receive best in class development opportunities and the ability to work with customers like Samsung, HP, Sony and Visa.
The Khoros engagement platform comprises Online Community, Social Media Management and Messaging products for social customer service, social support and social media marketing teams to listen, respond and act on customer conversations – creating deep relationships and fostering brand loyalty and advocacy.
We are looking for a stellar Product Designer that will work closely with Product Management to help translate business goals into engaging products. You’ll learn to take ownership of a product area, and be involved in all parts of the product design process: from research to iteration and validation, through delivery of designs for engineering. You will work hand in hand with engineering to ensure designs are implemented as designed. The ideal candidate will work out of our headquarters in Austin, Texas.
- Co-owning a product with your Product Management and Engineering counterparts. Together, you will drive the product vision.
- Working closely with Product Management to translate business goals into engaging products. You will conduct user research to build empathy around our customer’s needs and pain points, and then synthesize the findings and develop actionable insights for your product team.
- Working both independently and in collaboration with the Product Design team, you will conceptualize, design, and prototype software experiences for our customers that are intuitive and engaging.
- Working hand in hand with Engineering to ensure designs are implemented as designed. You will ensure proper use of already designed and implemented components of the user experience and work with the broader Product Design team to extend the design language and workflow patterns, as required.
- Creating storyboards, sketches and prototypes to map out the desired experience.
- Prototyping (we do it everyday) is an integral part of the process
- Conducting user research (i.e. observational customer interviews; usability testing)
- Clearly communicating your ideas to a wide variety of key stakeholders
- 5+ years of professional experience designing web-based software experiences
- Expert understanding of user-centered design methods and best practices
- Portfolio of work showcasing your diverse experience at each stage in the design process
- Willingness to function as an individual contributor, creating product design deliverables
- Experience conducting user research (i.e. observational customer interviews; usability testing)
- Produce user requirements and insights documentation (i.e. personas and user scenarios)
- Ability to create storyboards, sketches and prototypes to map out the desired experience
- Prototyping (we do it everyday) is an integral part of your process
- Experience with web-based software and user-center design methods
- A portfolio that showcases your unique talent and ability in design!
Nice to Haves:
- Mobile and responsive design experience
- Hands on experience with front-end web technologies
- Design for enterprise software
- Experience working with Marketing and Business Teams on product releases