Are you a product leader that is passionate about launching go-to-market products while developing and growing a team? Do you want to contribute to the business strategy and organization as a whole? Have ideas about how to improve processes and company culture?
We are looking for a team member to contribute to:
- Shaping the products of amazing startups: At SVI, we help early and seed-stage startups to launch and iterate on their first product. We work in a variety of industries, including startups in fintech, B2B SaaS, IoT, social, and entertainment. Some of our clients are nascent or stealth, and others are top startups you definitely already know or are a user of yourself!
- Leading cross-functional projects: As a PM lead, you will work hands-on on clients projects with a team of PMs, designers, and engineers through Discovery and Development phases. Additionally, you’ll be one of the main client points and contacts.
- Impacting business development: You’ll join the business development team on prospective client calls, scope work and contribute to client proposals. You’ll also have the opportunity to create new business packages or service offerings if you identify an unmet client need we can serve.
- Developing and growing the product team: In parallel, you’ll manage, coach, and develop a team of bright Junior and Mid-Level Product Managers through regular check-ins, career development, project-specific coaching, and performance reviews. You will also contribute to hiring for any new team members.
- Shaping the company’s strategy & culture: As part of the executive committee, you’ll contribute to strategic level thinking about SVI’s business as a whole. You’ll meet with the rest of the cross-functional “ecomm” team to discuss strategic, operational, and managerial issues on a weekly basis.
When you’re not doing all that, you’ll also launch experiments for our internal ventures and side projects. Who knows – you might just uncover our next spinoff!
We’re looking for a team member who has experience with:
- 4+ years of product management, preferably in launching a full new product (not just a feature) from start to finish as the main point person driving progress forward that’s accountable to stakeholders
- Managing or mentoring a team of product managers or other tech roles, either formally or informally
- Client or account management, even in a previous non-PM role
- … And also:
- Has a growth mindset and a passion for developing and improving yourself, your direct reports, and the wider team
- Has a high level of comfort with ambiguity and making tradeoffs given resource constraints
- Values not only getting work done and achieving outcomes, but also constantly improving processes and systems for next time
- Prefers a fast-paced startup environment with a relatively flat structure
What we offer
- Unmatched learning opportunities with world class team members who have worked at Stanford, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Samsung, HP, and others
- Flexible work hours – our team is 100% remote, which means you can work from anywhere and at flexible times; you will (almost) always have someone on your team online with you
- Work on meaningful client projects that create value for our customers’ businesses and internal products that create value for our team
- Flat and open organizational structure with family-like relationships
- Chance to explore new things – new industries, new projects, new technologies, new tools
- Competitive salary relative to your skill level, autonomy, and capability to add value to the team. There is opportunity for yearly evaluations and performance-based growth
Sound like a fit? If you’re interested, apply here.