The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) is a world leader in global business intelligence. We help businesses, the financial sector and governments to understand how the world is changing and how that creates opportunities to be seized and risks to be managed.
At our heart is a 50 year forward look, a global forecast of the majority of the world’s economies, we seek to analyse the future and deliver that insight through multiple channels and insights, allowing our clients to take better trading, investment and policy decisions.
We’re changing, embedding alternate data sources such as GPS and satellite data into our forecasting, products will increasingly be tailored to individual clients, driven by some of the most innovative data in the market. A highly collaborative team of Product Managers, Customer Experience and Product Engineering is being created with a focus on creating business and customer value driven by real time analytics alongside our traditional products.
Being passionate about your products and be the go-to expert about their expected behaviour, successes and failures, key metrics and the improvements that should be made throughout the product lifecycle. You’ll develop a portfolio of products and services, working collaboratively with our Editorial Heads, Analysts and Data Scientists. You’ll enable a user centred culture and bring the client needs directly to the heart of our products.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager for a 1 year contract.
How you will contribute:
Don’t feel you have to tick every box, the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. If you think you can do most of what we are looking for, you could be exactly what we need!
We’re ideally looking for someone with:
- Demonstrated ability to regularly generate product ideas in response to research, trends or customer needs, preferably in a B2B environment
- Experience of identifying customer needs and planning how to respond to those needs
- Experience in designing and delivering products that address customer needs, as a product manager, delivering within an agile development team
- Developing a commercial forecast for the product, ensuring that it contributes to the financial health of the organisation
- Can develop rapid prototypes, sketching or coding, to lead new product thinking, engaging users in the design and development process
It would be an advantage if you have experience working with products that harness real-time, high frequency data sets as well as more traditional data sources.
The ideal skills for this role include:
- An understanding of end-to-end customer journeys in terms of strategy, vision, and business goals
- Product development experience, ideally relating to digital subscriber based products
- Experience conducting user research and transforming analysis into recommendations
- Experience in Design Thinking
- Experience in using CX design best practices to design solutions, and an understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- Excellent experience of working within an agile environment, iterating designs efficiently
- Ability to collaborate closely with Visual Designers on Design Pattern Library and Style Guide definition
- Rapid development of prototypes, informed by research and testing
- Skilled at communicating to stakeholders with varying levels of technical knowledge
To succeed in this role it would be an advantage if you posses:
- The ability to motivate and drive cross-functional teams without formal authority
- You have led creative teams previously from discovery and specification to delivery and iteration to excellence
- Adept at understanding product capabilities and breaking these down into well-formed user stories
- Experience evangelising CX processes and benefits to a broad range of users
- Strong communication skills
- Experience creating and managing content and information services