Why Join MoneySavingExpert.com?
MoneySavingExpert.com (MSE) is the UK’s biggest consumer website. It provides millions of users with free, independent, editorially-led information about all things money. The goal for everyone working at MSE is simple – we’re dedicated to cutting consumer bills and fighting hard for financial justice for everyone. We get around 15m Money Savers to our website every month. Our weekly email is full of exclusive deals, tricks and MoneySaving guides, all aimed at helping people make the most of their cash. The MSE Forum is a lively and supportive community, with more than 1.5 million users taking part in 3 million discussions ranging from making the most of your credit card to good old-fashioned thrifty budgeting. In addition, our Cheap Energy Club takes the hard work out of switching energy and saving on energy bills whilst the newly launched Credit Club is a great way of managing an array of financial decisions.
But what really makes MSE stand-out from the crowd is the Editorial Code, which lies at the heart of everything we do. Regardless of your role at MSE, it’s everybody’s job to champion the consumer – and that makes us a truly unique, exciting and rewarding place to work. If you are inspired by what we do or see yourself as a passionate consumer champion, and have the grit and enthusiasm along with the skills we seek, a career in MSE might just be the right career step you are looking for.
Why Join the MSE’s Credit Club Team?
In 2016 we launched Credit Club, a revolutionary new credit profile tool providing users with a view of their Experian Credit Score, an understanding of their affordability and an indication of which credit products they might be accepted for, all for free. We are looking to now expand on this tool and create an unparalleled platform that really helps our users understand their financial position better and helps them save more money. The Credit Club team is based in both our Ewloe office, near Chester, working alongside our team in the MSE head office based in the centre of London.
What will I be doing?
Reporting into the Senior Product Manager on the project you will be working alongside the development team based in the Ewloe office and the wider team in London to help define and deliver a product roadmap that makes Credit Club the best platform in the market to help users save money.
Key responsibilities: Define and develop the product roadmap alongside the key stakeholders around the business.
- Ensure that the product roadmap delivers to both the business requirements and any contractual agreements set out.
- Identifying product opportunities through data driven insight.
- Work alongside our key external project partners to build a strong combined relationship and an environment to deliver pragmatic solutions.
- Organising and running both small team and larger multi-teamed meetings & workshops
- Develop a smart and transparent process for prioritising work from all areas of the business.
- Ownership of the day to day product decisions.
- Support the design and UX team to create great tools with simple and clear user interactions.
- Work very closely with the development team to ensure priorities are clearly defined and to help support a rapid delivery throughput is consistently achieved.
What skills and experience do I need?
- Be the voice of the user and ensure that everything we do has the user’s interest at the heart of it.
- Be passionate about understanding everything about our users, how they interact with the product and how we can help them.
- Become the most knowledgeable member of the team on their product.
- Be hugely analytical and love digging into data to find patterns and opportunities (ideally with prior knowledge of Google Analytics).
- Have knowledge of Agile software development ideally including both Scrum & Kanban methodologies and processes.
- Have a strong technical background and be capable of understanding tech platforms and the basics of coding as a minimum.
- Have a keen eye for good design and simple/clean UX.
- Build strong relationships with all key stakeholders for the project.
- Have strong commercial acumen and make the right decisions to achieve the collect business goals.
- Previous Product Management experience would be desirable but is not essential although you will have at least 2 years’ experience in a web based role with similar responsibilities and skillsets (e.g. Ecommerce Manager).
Nice to have:
- Extensive Google Analytics knowledge
- Financial market understanding, in particular credit cards, loans plus knowledge of credit reference agency services such as credit scoring and credit reporting.
- Any prior knowledge of Mingle, Trello or Confluence would be an advantage.