Oddbox is a purpose driven, certified B Corporation business fighting food waste and we are looking for an extra”odd”dinary individual who is also an odd veggie lover and food waste fighter to play a key role in our expansion.
We create a secondary market for ‘odd’ and surplus fruits and vegetables by reclaiming this perfectly good produce and delivering them weekly to people’s homes and offices.
Oddbox are the provider of London’s only impact focused misshapen and surplus fruit & veg boxes. We don’t just provide fruit & veg, we help people take their first step toward shopping more sustainably and have a real, positive impact on the planet, reducing greenhouse gases by rescuing produce from going to waste.
We’ve been voted UK’s best fruit & veg box scheme by The Independent who say “Oddbox gets top marks for both variety of produce and its valiant efforts to slash food waste” but check us out for yourself on www.oddbox.co.uk or watch the Oddbox in 60 seconds video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-7FAC_dXTA .
We currently pack and deliver over 40,000 boxes a week to homes in London and the South East of England. We are growing rapidly, constantly expanding our reach and are planning for deliveries in the Midlands and North of England this year. We are offering a unique opportunity to be part of this journey.
“To rescue odd and surplus food in order to reduce food waste and foster conscious consumerism”
“A world in which all edible food grown is consumed”
On the back of a hugely successful 2020, we are looking to grow our in-house engineering, data, and product teams.
We are well underway with two key projects; a new data platform to enable deeper insights and more data-driven decision making and the introduction of an ERP system to systemise our operations processes. And that’s just the beginning.
We are looking for a Digital Product Manager who will be responsible for owning our digital customer experience. You will work closely with our Head of Technology and Senior Product Manager to shape the direction of our current and future customer-facing technologies and experiences.
This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of transforming and scaling-up Oddbox, someone who will play a critical role in driving our success.
- Defining the Oddbox customer experience: This is an opportunity to have a big impact and to shape the Oddbox customer experience. You will understand our customers needs deeply, identifying opportunities and designing solutions with a customer-centric mindset.
- Be responsible for OKRs and KPIs and reporting across digital product.
- Product strategy and roadmap: You will work closely across teams such as Customer Happiness and Marketing to inform the Oddbox product roadmap. You will prioritise work to ensure engineering is working on the right things and having the right impact.
- Delivery: You will own the process of feature delivery, enabling the regular launch of new features and products in a low-risk way.
- Day to day: Run agile sprints to prioritise optimizations to build and launch, define requirements for developers, and gather assets and inputs from other teams. You will be the point of contact for issues on our existing subscription platform and will work closely with the external development team in resolving them.
- User research and testing: You value feedback and enjoy engaging with customers to help you build the best possible product.
- Be the “glue”: Be transparent about your prioritization and roadmap process, be able to say “no,” but explain why in terms that stakeholders understand, be a ruthless prioritizer while balancing the needs of customers and stakeholders and bring evidence-based decision-making to your communication.
- Subscription D2C eCommerce experience
- Customer-focussed – you understand that the customer is key to understanding the problems to be solved
- Excellent organisational skills – skilled at setting milestones and deadlines and sticking to them
- Collaborative – you enjoy working with a wide array of stakeholders, understanding their priorities and requirements
- Self-motivated and incredibly well organised
- Data-driven – you base your decisions on data
- Technically savvy – you do not need to code; but you should be able to hold external agencies and internal engineers accountable
- Ability to work well under pressure, multitask, and maintain keen attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills, including ability to influence cross-functional teams via diplomacy and tact
- Experience using a multitude of platforms that can be utilised to enhance the digital experience for customers
Nice to haves
- Experience of managing mobile applications
- International experience, particularly around the payment requirements
What you’ll get:
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a sustainable challenger brand at a time where we are scaling rapidly, helping reduce food waste one box at a time.
- Work in a diverse and inclusive team made up of various nationalities, split equally between women and men
- Discretionary Company bonus
- Company pension that matches individual contribution up to 5%
- Opt in access to Bupa Health Cash Plan
- Annual Learning & Development budget
- 33 days holidays including bank holidays + 4 health & wellbeing days
- Employee perks via Perkbox & Charlie HR
- Employee Cycle to Work scheme
- Team lunch and team building events
- Discount on Oddbox fruit and veggies
- Flexible working hours
- Salary – £45 – £55k depending on experience
- Duration of role – permanent / full-time
- Schedule – Mon-Fri
- Location – London, Vauxhall
This is a once in a lifetime, super exciting opportunity to work in a rapid growth, ethical company. We want to prove that sustainability can be affordable and we can grow fast and do-good at the same time. If you agree – drop us an email at email@example.com and let’s start the conversation. We look forward to hearing from you.