Location: London, White Building
Reports to: Head of Online Sales & Service
You might know us as the UK’s top value-for-money provider of phone, broadband, TV and mobile for people at home and at work. We offer the ability to share ideas, daily challenges, frenetic pace and big rewards. We’re a perfect match for the go-getter, the innovator, the creative thinker and the problem-solver.
Job Description Summary
The Senior Digital Product Owner will be a proven digital product professional with demonstrable experience in defining, designing and delivering successful online products in a business to consumer environment. The role is specifically managing the customer in life experience but experience in ecommerce would also be helpful.
This position is responsible for managing a team of experienced Digital Product Owners to deliver a combination of pre-determined business change alongside continuous improvement, optimisation and innovation of experiences and products to significantly shift digital adoption and engagement.
This person will be required to have a data driven mentality and extensive experience in online product definition and delivery. With Management experience alongside a proven abilty to deliver in an Agile environment this person will be able to lead, inspire, motivate and communicate expertly. This role is fundamental to deliver the ambitious Call and Churn redution targets by increasing digital adoption through expert delivery of experiences and educating on innovation to bring TalkTalk closer to its best in class ambitions.
Working in a fast paced and demanding organisation, this person will be accountable for the business results of his/her experiences and resulting KPIs.
- Define a vision for your digital products and experiences, based on metrics, which will support our digital strategy and our strategic success metrics on customer adoption and engagement (shift from calling to self serve)
- Analyse our customer metrics to drive insights
- Develop a deep understanding of TalkTalk customers and competitive landscape through competitor analysis, usability studies and user surveys
- Be accountable for the delivery of the consumer plan to budget and time working alongside technical and creative delivery teams whilst managing stakeholders and your own Product delivery team.
- Be accountable for the performance of your products and build plans to deliver our budget
- Identify key metrics and track results daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and explain the performance
- Proactively build plans to stay on target or exceed them
- Define new online products from initial idea to detailed functional requirements
- Ultimately be accountable for the delivery of the products in your portfolio and deliver a combination of the below yourself or through your team:
- Influence the production of prototypes and be responsible for their testing alongside UX and optimisation teams
- Produce documentation of functional requirements following internal templates
- Produce storyboards independently or with the support of an interaction designer for large projects or new types of flows
- Define the project plan, gathering scope estimates from designers and developers and maintain
- Regularly communicate on project status to key stakeholders
- Manage the actual delivery of the product, coordinate the product of copy, visuals, working with the developers to answer their questions on requirements and preparing test data
- Perform the user acceptance test (UAT) for your products, independently or with the support of a larger team for very large projects
- Work closely with interaction and visual designers, developers and testing teams to deliver the online products and “business as usual” changes
- Define Web analytics to ensure the performance of the products will be monitored adequately
- File bugs for your products, monitor their resolution with the technical team and proactively communicate their status to key stakeholders
- Work strategically with in-house studio and 3rd party creative agencies on new online marketing campaigns
- Represent TalkTalk in business meetings and participate in discussion with external agencies and partners
- Interact with other business areas across TalkTalk to define Omni channel products
- Work closely with TalkTalk Product, Operations, Marketing and Customer Experience teams to plan customer journeys, product development and communications about online functionalities
- Support the Head of Online Sales & Service by working on specific initiatives benefiting the whole online product team (eg. definition of processes, delivery of a cross-platform product)
- Experience with Agile delivery and use of Agile related software tools such as JIRA
- Strong analytical and numerical skills. Proven ability to analyse large amounts of data and derive consumer insights
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to communicate enthusiastically, clearly and concisely to groups, individuals and senior stakeholders
- Deep passion for the Web, digital products and online user experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Science, Computing, Web, Marketing or Arts
- Management experience to both lead through coaching and more hands on training and development
- Delivery roadmap ownership experience alongside the resulting KPI shift target
- Understanding of Apps with experience in optimisation and innovation alongside other digital channels
- Proven track record of Product Management within the online space, with a minimum of 5 years in product management, including, but not limited to, past experience in
- Production of functional requirements
- Production of storyboards or wireframes
- User Acceptance Test
- Product delivery and project management
- Tracking of performance with online analytics tools
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Great to have:
- Familiarity with Social and Community channels is an advantage
- Familiarity with SEO optimisation
- Any experience in self serve diagnostics and repair (any product)