We have a brand new role for a Product Manager to join the Digital team at Samaritans. As Product Manager, you will perform the role of an agile Product Owner during the development of Samaritans Self Help mobile application.
- 24 month fixed term contract
- £45,000 – £50,000 per annum plus benefits
- Full time (35 hours per week)
- Remote-based role, we are passionate about flexible working
This is a brilliant opportunity to work on an important service at a critical time. As the country recovers from the pandemic, we must ensure we have the right measures in place to support mental health and prevent suicide. Our vision is that fewer people die by suicide and together we can make change that saves lives.
Join a well-established and growing Digital Product team. This role is one of three Product Managers, reporting to a Senior Product Manager for Caller Services. The team works in a fast-paced and evolving agile environment. The team works hard to constantly evolve our digital services and products to ensure we meet our service users’ needs.
This role will be responsible for Samaritans Self Help mobile application and other caller-facing products. You will develop and maintain a delivery-ready backlog for the self-help product, translating vision and needs into defined features, experiments, and activities. You’ll also establish a performance measurement framework for the app, enabling experimentation and evidence-based decision making.
Samaritans is a unique charity that provides support to people who are struggling to cope. Last year our volunteers responded to a call for help every seven seconds, and with more than 20,000 volunteers and over 150 staff, our volunteers and staff have been providing emotional support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for over 60 years.
- Perform the role of an agile product owner during the development of Samaritans Self Help mobile application
- Develop and maintain a delivery-ready backlog for the self-help product, translating vision and needs into defined features, experiments and activities
- Establishing shared goals with delivery teams and stakeholders, securing commitment for the roadmap, plan and product direction
- Facilitate workshops, helping multi-disciplinary delivery teams and cross-functional stakeholder groups prioritise effort based on an understanding of vision, needs and constraints
- Build relationships with volunteers and staff to identify opportunities to increase Samaritans’ impact
- Product Management – uses a range of product management principles and approaches to prioritise effort for maximum impact
- Product Ownership – can capture and translate user needs into deliverables. Can write and refine user stories and acceptance criteria
- Able to detect underlying needs and goals – built from conversations with users & stakeholders, observation of behaviour and analysis of research and data
- Lifecycle Perspective – understands the different phases of product delivery (delivery, live & retirement)
- Strong Communicator – excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and persuade others
- Web and mobile application knowledge – highly beneficial
Samaritans is wholly committed to inclusion and diversity and to building a culture and environment where everyone is appreciated for the unique person they are. We warmly welcome applications from a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences.
A full JD is on our careers website. If this sounds like a great role for you, apply today. This role will close for applications on 09/04/2021.