M Science, a pioneer in the data-driven research space, is hiring a driven UI/UX designer/developer who will be instrumental in taking our client-facing portal to the next level.
Our tech team is rapidly growing and we’re looking for a UI/UX design expert who can help our full-stack development team build dynamic, functional feature designs for our users, which include top financial services firms and major corporations across industries.
The UI/UX Designer/Developer is responsible for the Information Architecture (IA), User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) Design and implementation of features on M Science’s customer-facing portal platform, to take the platform to the next level.
- Incorporate IA, UI and UX best practices and industry standards to create dynamic, functional feature designs
- Collaborate with stakeholders, Sales, Marketing, and Engineering teams to design and develop various prototypes and visual designs
- Develop clean, readable, structured code solutions that provide desired functionality and adhere to specifications
- Participate and contribute to the various project development stages from inception to release
- Meet business needs by consistently delivering quality solutions on-time, within budget, and scope
- Contribute and participate in project planning and roadmap
- Contribute to technical documentation by developing layouts, code comments, and clear code
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Digital Media, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of experience designing and building user-centric web and mobile interfaces
- Strong understanding of semantic HTML, as well as CSS technologies such as Grid and Flexbox for building advanced layouts
- Link to portfolio of relevant, modern work
- Experience in UI/UX design tools, e.g. Figma, InDesign, InVision, etc.
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks, e.g. React.JS, Angular, Vue
- Strong user empathy, and ability to find creative solutions to user problems
- Ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrable ability for test-driven development, especially for UI-automated testing
- General understanding of web accessibility (WCAG AA)
- Proactive team player and willing to learn and adopt new patterns, practices and technologies