Forbes is a dynamic, forward-thinking media company. Over the course of the past three years, we’ve grown both our print and digital audiences faster than any other major media company (according to Google Analytics and MRI). We continue that trajectory by investing in the best journalists, technologists and analysts in the business.
We are currently seeking a creative and entrepreneurial Associate Product Owner (Contract to Hire) to help manage the life-cycle of one or more of our core business products. They will work collaboratively with teams of engineers and designers to evolve our websites and tools to meet the needs of our users, brand partners, and editorial staff.
Forbes Product team members bring the best user experience, business strategy, and product design to market by validating creative ideas with usability studies, A/B testing methodologies and analytics. They work closely with the development leads and cross-functional teams on various corporate initiatives across different digital platforms – desktop, mobile, video, email, social, audio and more. If you’re looking for challenges and opportunities similar to those of a startup, with the benefits of a seasoned, successful company, then read on.
- Work closely with Senior Product Owners to plan and coordinate the execution and delivery of your product roadmap
- Collaboration closely with UX/UI designers, engineering teams, quality assurance, and third party vendors to build out new features for testing and production implementation
- Participate in daily development stand-ups to monitor progress and adjust priorities if needed
- Work with leadership to define product KPIs aligned with broader business goals
- Actively measure and analyze existing products for opportunities to innovate and improve
- Define product requirements in partnership with stakeholders and in alignment with the overall platform strategy
- Demonstrate a willingness to experiment, iterate, innovate, and fail quickly.
- Document new features and communicate functionality to end users
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Communicate effectively with customers, partners, business and technical teams and maintain strong relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Keep abreast of the competitive landscape, industry trends, and digital innovation within the marketplace
Required skills & expertise:
- 1-3 years of product management experience working on web products
- Hands-on experience in all stages of the website product lifecycle, bonus points for prior engineering or design experience
- A passionate commitment to user-centered design and development
- Proven track record of making smart trade-offs between feature development versus time-to-market
- Experience with desktop/mobile analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Omniture, Mixpanel, etc.
- Familiarity with product and software development techniques and agile methodologies.
- Solid grasp of web design principles and an understanding of front-end web technologies.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical, and communication skills
- Great team player with respect for others, yet able to work independently
- Enthusiasm for new technologies and new media
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (technical or analytical field a plus)